Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for thos who know ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who decided that the series of letters to Prescott's Office would be a good idea?

Does anybody expect any of the letters to be read by Prescott's office? (Maybe this is not the point)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Does anybody know whose idea it was to write to Prescott, get petitions up, make a fuss about the Hoile report?

Credit where credit is due.

It may be several people for all I know.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
lots of people on all the original threads, various ideas came from left right and centre. Cant really point to one or two people, more a group of die hard fans working together to fight for the very survival of this club.

JP wont read the letters, but as Berkshire says the avalanche he will know about and that will make him think about it...even if for just a minute it was worth it.

:clap:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I missed the outset of the fuss.

Was the action endorsed by the Albion Board, supported by Martin Perry, etc, encouraged by him, or did he have no part in it?

Or by Paul Samrah.

For the history books.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Martin Perry thanked the fans on the offical site and mentioned NSC amongst other things and Paul Samrah has been involved in everything 24/7 I am led to believe.

So now I'm curious as to why you want/need to know? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was all MY idea. MINE.

If we get Falmer, then you've all got ME to thank. You hear ? Eh ? EH ?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Crabtree: it was because of something that Lord Bracknell said on an earlier post about being organised or somefink.

It does make a difference to some people (they are usually wrong). In my experience these things are actually rarely organised at all. If people feel strongly about something, no amount of discouragement or encouragement is going to make much difference. Sometimes it does need somebody or something to start the ball rolling. At the moment the best candidate for that seems to be HOILE.

:smokin:

It is it possible to blame the NIMBYs but it is really the BANANAS.

:jester:

Last edited:

For the record ...

The letter writing campaign was decided upon by the Falmer For All team on the day that Hoile's report was received by the City Council.

FFA first heard about Hoile's report when they attended one of the regular liaison meetings with Withdean residents (which also involve the Club and Council representatives). Paul Samrah contacted me that evening - before the Club made the official announcement. The Club's announcement was copied on to NSC by Bozza within a minute of it appearing on the Club website. By this time, it had already been decided to bombard Prescott with letters.

The Club knew that this would happen. How could it be otherwise, given the importance of the issue to Albion fans?

The Campaign is being led by FFA and NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here