Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for all our overseas fans

No promises on this but I'm planning to try and compress the whole of Sunday's coverage into a managable size to allow our overseas contingent a chance to see it. It won't be for a while as I'm off to Bristol for 2 days straight after the game and will take a while to encode and upload so we're looking towards Friday/Saturday realistically.

I can't offer this for general download as it will probably be between 300 and 500MB and I had 2500 downloads of just the goal for the away game so my bandwidth would burn away in a matter of hours. I don't want to sell DVD's as the club are likely to produce an official one if it is a good game/result.

My question is - what would be the threshold for you watching the upload. i.e. Only a win, win or a draw, only a scoring draw, narrow defeat, I would watch even if it is 0-5. (Delete as applicable)

I don't want to bother if no-one will watch it. It's a long, laborious process to have to go through if we lose and no-one will watch.

I would upload it and PM the links to people who ask - people abroad before I get inundated. Maybe, just maybe it could be put on Bittorrent but I really don't want to harm potential revenue for the club if they decide to sell it. It's not going to be TV quality anyway as that would probably be too big a file.

Last edited:

culvers said:
Wow! I would watch it most definately, yes even if we lost 5 nil.
TGC :bowdown:

OK - that's me sat in front of my PC for 10 hours this week then.:thud: :dunce: :D

Actually, it will be a chance for me to put my new PC through it's paces - it's a dual core Athlon 64 so it should burn through encoding.

Just hope Sky + works now else I'll have nothing to upload! :eek:

As I say - it won't be until the end of next week as I'm not home until Tuesday and it will take an age to upload.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
It will be great to see an albion game, for about 15 months i have only seen clips of the team that you have put onto your website. Japan isnt interested in Championship football here, so i appreciate all your efforts.

No need to hurry with it mate.

Yep, I'd watch it (although maybe not if we lost 5-0!)
Maybe if I could avoid knowing the result, that would make it more exciting!
So please guys, could you refrain from talking about the result on here until TGC has had time to do it :)

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fat chance Cadiz, there will be hundreds of threads analysing our first corner/free kick/foul, god knows how many if we score, if we win NSC will probably fall over again.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
One pub is showing it here, but no bastard wants to open up at 8 am for one mad Brighton bloke.
The answer to your question would be yes.

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
I like to think I'd watch it, but if we lost I know I wouldn't. There's somewhere showing it in your neck of the woods, LC? I'd have to drive at least to Boston to have a hope in hell of finding it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My box is F**KED as well so I am having to record it on my video. I aint paying Sky £65 for an engineer visit when its their software upgrade thats knackered my box.
Just hope Sky + works now else I'll have nothing to upload !

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
TGC you are a LEGEND.:bowdown:

culvers said:
It will be great to see an albion game, for about 15 months i have only seen clips of the team that you have put onto your website. Japan isnt interested in Championship football here, so i appreciate all your efforts.

No need to hurry with it mate.

I agree with culvers, although I take his 15 months no albion games and raise it to 25.

I doubt I'd watch a gutless defeat or a thrashing though. Anything down to a narrow defeat where we gave as good as we got and came out of the game with some pride.

Once again TGC, :bowdown: :clap:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I doubt Fox Soccer Channel will show more than the goals over here. We basically get everyone's top league -- EPL, Serie A, Apertura, etc. -- but nothing below that.

So I'm grateful for most anything.

I wish there was a legal, cheap, and easy way to get whole games on DVD.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I will watch even if it is 10 - 0. However, in the event that it is a blowout could you use photoshop and replace all palace players with the England squad for 2006?

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I am going to pub to watch the game tomorrow, but i would definitely like to rewatch it in calmer situation...

So count me in if possible. :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here