Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question about supporting Fans United ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I don't mind your honesty one bit. I welcome it. You know what they say about treasuring rare things.

I was there in the 90s as well as you and remember it very well. It's why I'm choosing to help because up until Fans United I honestly didn't think anyone else cared about Brighton's troubles.

Self-publicising? I can assure you, the only time I would ever want my name in the papers is when Mila Jovovich sells her story about how much of a beast I am in bed. Until then I really have no interest in being famous. We've got over 400 people saying they will attend on Facebook and 1400 followers on twitter. And that's in the space of a few days. Time will tell if this falls on its arse. If it does then what have we lost?

There are Argyle fans struggling to get their voices heard. Argyle staff - playing and non-playing haven't been paid in months and there's very good and committed people down in Plymouth doing everything they can to save their club. If this Fans Re-United and Go Green Campaign can help raise the rest of the town from their apathy then it can only be a good thing. However, I really don't know if this campaign is too little, too late but in a few year's time I can say that I tried to do my bit to repay the kindness shown by other fans all those years back. What will you have? A vague memory of a few sarcastic comments on an internet messageboard that gave you a semi.

No answer about the numbers at the meeting though ? The truth is that most of us who were there in the 80's, 90's, 00's fighting for the survival of the club and a place to play are all campaigned out and now just wish to go Falmer, support and cheer on the team and have a couple of pints without having whatever this weeks good cause is rammed down our throats.

Why can't we just be able to go to the match, enjoy that, cheer on the Albion without always having campaigns for this that and the other, in other words why can't we now just be like any other club.

Good luck to Plymouth but they should be leading the fight and if others want to go to Home Park and show solidarity then that's up to them.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
...The truth is that most of us who were there in the 80's, 90's, 00's fighting for the survival of the club and a place to play are all campaigned out and now just wish to go Falmer, support and cheer on the team and have a couple of pints without having whatever this weeks good cause is rammed down our throats.

Why can't we just be able to go to the match, enjoy that, cheer on the Albion without always having campaigns for this that and the other, in other words why can't we now just be like any other club.

Good luck to Plymouth but they should be leading the fight and if others want to go to Home Park and show solidarity then that's up to them.

Campaigned out? Speak for yourself. Plenty of us know that if we forget those who helped get us where we are, we lose part of what we are as a club and a set of supporters.

Show solidarity? Very gracious of you - thanks. Others do want to go, and will.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
No answer about the numbers at the meeting though ? The truth is that most of us who were there in the 80's, 90's, 00's fighting for the survival of the club and a place to play are all campaigned out and now just wish to go Falmer, support and cheer on the team and have a couple of pints without having whatever this weeks good cause is rammed down our throats.

i'm afraid you've shown your true colours here

help us then but help yourself now.

You can just go to the game and cheer the team on. No-one is asking for you to help Ernest. If you don't want to be involved as your all campaigned out dont read the threads, Its not difficult.

Also, please stop trying to persuade others from following your example, you may think we are wrong but you seem to be in a minority of about 2 on NSC.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Has anyone approached you directly to take part or did you just read about it here? You do know that no-one's forcing you to read about Fans Re-United, don't you?

Your comments about "this week's good cause" - we were last week's good cause, remember? Your "I'm alright Jack" attitude is about as selfish as you can possibly get considering all the favours we all asked from other teams/organisations for 14 long, long years. As others have pointed out - your claims of being at the vanguard of Brighton's fight for all those years is slightly dubious anyway so perhaps it's for the best that the Fans Re-United campaign doesn't have you in its midst ready to fight the good fight with a bad pun and random capitalised words. But rest assured if we do need a one-trick pony your name is at the very top of the list.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Has anyone approached you directly to take part or did you just read about it here? You do know that no-one's forcing you to read about Fans Re-United, don't you?

Your comments about "this week's good cause" - we were last week's good cause, remember? Your "I'm alright Jack" attitude is about as selfish as you can possibly get considering all the favours we all asked from other teams/organisations for 14 long, long years. As others have pointed out - your claims of being at the vanguard of Brighton's fight for all those years is slightly dubious anyway so perhaps it's for the best that the Fans Re-United campaign doesn't have you in its midst ready to fight the good fight with a bad pun and random capitalised words. But rest assured if we do need a one-trick pony your name is at the very top of the list.

Still waiting for the number of people at the meeting and then I'll shut up , ok ?

Still waiting for the number of people at the meeting and then I'll shut up , ok ?

Personally Ernest I'd rather you didn't Shut Up, an objective differing view is always a good thing. I tend to agree with you that Argyle should be putting up a better fight but I certainly wouldn't try to dissuade others from at least setting the example on how.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Why is that important to you? There were about 14 of us. Not bad considering we sent the request out less than 24 hours before. I think that's a reasonable number to form an organising group for this.

Do feel free to scoff away at this number, you battle weary internet warrior.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Why is that important to you? There were about 14 of us. Not bad considering we sent the request out less than 24 hours before. I think that's a reasonable number to form an organising group for this.

Do feel free to scoff away at this number, you battle weary internet warrior.

Why would I scoff ? You're the one who is getting very touchy and resorting to insults so makes me think that you're insecure about it all. You're taking it too personal and you shouldn't be getting involved in campaigns if you can't take a bit of criticism or an opposite view.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why would I scoff ? You're the one who is getting very touchy and resorting to insults so makes me think that you're insecure about it all. You're taking it too personal and you shouldn't be getting involved in campaigns if you can't take a bit of criticism or an opposite view.

But what value is there in peddling your 'opposite view'? To proudly play your part in assisting Plymouth's slide into oblivion?

You're spending an awful lot of posts justifying the fact that this has got nothing to do with you. Why is that, I wonder?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally Ernest I'd rather you didn't Shut Up, an objective differing view is always a good thing. I tend to agree with you that Argyle should be putting up a better fight but I certainly wouldn't try to dissuade others from at least setting the example on how.
Whatever happens with regard to Albion fans involvement in this protest, I would have to agree that Plymouth fans ought to lead from the front with some proper direct action. If they don't, then in my opinion the whole fans re-united thing will be a waste of time.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
So what if Arsenal, formerly Woolwich Arsenal, got into trouble? Would we help them or is there a statue of limitations for punishing clubs after they move location?

It also tends to be skated over that AFC Wimbledon sort of nicked Kingstonian's ground and were considered a bit of a pain in the arse during their rise through the non-leagues.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I prefer a reasoned argument, not someone who when they lose an argument have to resort to abuse, I don't remember resorting to abuse myself so shame you can't

You called the campaign nonsense and the organisers hypocrites and self-publicists.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But what value is there in peddling your 'opposite view'? To proudly play your part in assisting Plymouth's slide into oblivion?

You're spending an awful lot of posts justifying the fact that this has got nothing to do with you. Why is that, I wonder?
Indeed. It's not like it's being rammed down our throats, afterall. Christ I remember when the Wrexham thing blew up - we had about six Wrexham stickies, every other thread was on Wrexham and you weren't allowed to express indifference and it went on for WEEKS.

This one has all happened in a few days. If it's not your thing, just ignore it FFS.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If holding up the back of the programme or a card and wearing green helps then Im quite happy to do so, also if there are any buckets, make a contribution its no troule. After seeing/reading about such actions maybe then Argyle fans may "do more" than they are already.

Shame I cant actually afford to go to Plymouth, if it wasnt for the fact that Im doing every game in Sept (thus expensive) I would go!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Because from the start I wondered why Plymouth aren't so passionate as 14 people on here ? It's no good people here supporting PA's cause when they're not supporting it themselves. If Plymouth survive which I hope they do as much as anyone else it will be because of things Fans United cannot influence such as someone taking the club on , if they don't they will go the same way as Chester , Maidstone and other clubs that have gone bust.

I'm not sure why others can't see that, even the publicity of Fans United won't do anything unless the PA supporters get doing something themselves and do it quickly. They should be leading not supporters from a club 250 miles away and until they get with it their club will die.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here