Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queens Head - Named and Shamed

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Despite me and 5 mates being in the Queens Head to watch the match they still insisted on showing the Liverpool game despite our reasoned arguement that there was only one person there to watch that game and Brighton was the local side. Had to leave and watch the match in another pub.......named and shamed.......The Queens Head, Queens Road, Brighton.
Disgrace!!!!!:nono:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Despite me and 5 mates being in the Queens Head to watch the match they still insisted on showing the Liverpool game despite our reasoned arguement that there was only one person there to watch that game and Brighton was the local side. Had to leave and watch the match in another pub.......named and shamed.......The Queens Head, Queens Road, Brighton.
Disgrace!!!!!:nono:

Did you do the windows or not??!!

Oct 25, 2003
the alibi is NOT on the named and shamed list, after giving the PROPER football fans the prime viewing position and BIG SCREEN while all the premier league SHITMUNCHERS were huddled around a measly WIDESCREEN

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Did you do the windows or not??!!

Got in there at 7 and barmaid said was showing it, then at 7:40 started questioning the supervisor as to why it was'nt on, he fobbed us off with they had advertised liverpool game and did'nt know Brighton were playing but still had to show Liverpool game......could'nt get the arguement of more people in pub wanting to watch Brighton and being the local side.

Our anger was soon dispelled by the good people at the Railway Belle, a true Brighton pub.

And one day...the windows at the Queens Head will get the loving care they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
The Hilly Fields Harborne Birmingham gets a good mention (scruffy pub but hey) for allowing 1 Brighton fan rule the roost over the locals who wanted the Liverpool game but I got there first!

Let them watch the Looserpool game at half time and just after I said you can have the Liverpool game on now as I flew out the door at the final whistle.

We really must get a list of pubs around the country where Albion fans can congregate for live games etc in peace.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
And one day...the windows at the Queens Head will get the loving care they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Good idea, then all our insurance premiums can go up a bit more due to mindless vandalism :shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A few letters to The Queens Head I think. With Falmer and the hopeful rise of this club the whole Sussex-based plastic Premiership fans concept will hopefully be challenged... then again the phrase 'Dream on' springs to mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that the one by the station? If so it's a bollocks pub anyway. You're better off not bothering with it.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I was almost let down by my local, the LION and LOBSTER last night. Got in there, and they had a quiz in the back room, meaning the two TV's in the front were being used for the Brighton and Liverpool games. Asked whether they were gonna put the sound on for the game, the manageress explained she thought the liverpool game would be more interesting. I explained politely that Liverpool was a long way away, and she'd lose my custom for the night, if not longer, if she didn't put the sound on for the Brighton match, and eventually she came around. Would have been shocked and hurt if the Lobster had let me down.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Shameful, that a pub in your own town showed Liverpooll instead. I arrived at The New Crown, South Shields ten minutes after kick off. I expected to find the televisions all tuned to ESPN for the Liverpool match, but there was virtually no-one in the place. I asked the barmaid for the B&HA match on Sky, and she switched to it immediately. Nobody else was bothered about the football.
I was impressed with The Seagulls. Poyet has got the team playing a neat passing game already. Providing the home form is sorted out, and Gus sees out his contract, I think next season is going to be an enjoyable one.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
A few letters to The Queens Head I think. With Falmer and the hopeful rise of this club the whole Sussex-based plastic Premiership fans concept will hopefully be challenged... then again the phrase 'Dream on' springs to mind.

to be honest mate I wouldnt have thought writing letters to a f***ing pub for not showing a football match is hardly going to have the desired effect of confirming the place as a football town, in fact I would say the opposite.

What has happened to the Queens Head by the way? How can you trendify that place? If you asked me which town centre pubs would resist the Nathan-ification that has swept the town, you would have put your money on that one.

Speechless last time I went in.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I was in the Exchange,pretty good for football and a good Albion turnout in there. Heard the Montpelier - good football pub - had both games on, and free chilli for the punters:clap:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was almost let down by my local, the LION and LOBSTER last night. Got in there, and they had a quiz in the back room, meaning the two TV's in the front were being used for the Brighton and Liverpool games. Asked whether they were gonna put the sound on for the game, the manageress explained she thought the liverpool game would be more interesting. I explained politely that Liverpool was a long way away, and she'd lose my custom for the night, if not longer, if she didn't put the sound on for the Brighton match, and eventually she came around. Would have been shocked and hurt if the Lobster had let me down.

Shithole that place.

Is that the one by the station? If so it's a bollocks pub anyway. You're better off not bothering with it.

This.

Should have gone to the WELLY.

the alibi is NOT on the named and shamed list, after giving the PROPER football fans the prime viewing position and BIG SCREEN while all the premier league SHITMUNCHERS were huddled around a measly WIDESCREEN

WORD. The free CHILLI was good, too. The missus DIDN'T agree however, and I also got to eat HERS.

Nice to see NMH in there as well, with all his mates. :smile:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

You should've gone to the room upstairs with two widescreens, you can usually have it to yourself for weeknight footy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here