Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Season ticket prices

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This madness must stop somewhere. I think £400+ is a ridiculous sum for a season ticket. An run of the mill, Championship/League One player should not be earning more than our Prime Minister (whether you think the PM does a decent job or not).

Whereas a premiership player can earn more in a week than David Cameron does in a year

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whereas a premiership player can earn more in a week than David Cameron does in a year

I was start at the lower end of the scale. Of course, that goes without saying. Bloody ridiculous. The amount of money generated, that escapes and could be put to such good use as opposed to a new Bentley every year and a cherrywood interior and so on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That is taking the piss.

Anyone remember when Dick Knight gave us a sob story and jacked up prices to cover 'Championship' costs when we got promoted a number of years back? And then failed to reduce them when we got relegated.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
That is taking the piss.

Anyone remember when Dick Knight gave us a sob story and jacked up prices to cover 'Championship' costs when we got promoted a number of years back? And then failed to reduce them when we got relegated.

The "sob story" was factual in that players demanded far greater wages playing in that division.

But it's true the reduction on relegation never came.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The "sob story" was factual in that players demanded far greater wages playing in that division.

But it's true the reduction on relegation never came.

Fair enough, but there was also a huge jump in the revenue from being in The Championship. Personally, it disappointed me and felt like a bit of a kick in the teeth after everything we'd done. Especially when we got relegated and the prices did not drop.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
"Flavio Briatore's dream is a 'boutique' club, which has an exclusive feel to it and is the place for wealthy people to be seen".

I think Chelsea have cornered the market for that! And its in arguably a much plusher area of London as well!

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
The chairman, Ishan Saksena, has been sacked, Amit Bhatia (Mittal's son-in-law) has tendered his resignation citing disagreements with the board including on ticket prices.

This has Briatore written all over it. He sold his shares to Ecclestone but has first option to buy them back if Ecclestone is looking to sell which he is. Mittal said at the weekend he was going to make an offer to take the club over. Not looking good at the mo. Really don't want Briatore back -it was only when he pissed off last time things settled down.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
£47 to sit in those stands behind the goal? You can hardly see the other end from the Lower Tier and you can't see the goal at your end from the Upper Tier. I'm glad we're not playing there next season.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
£47 to sit in those stands behind the goal? You can hardly see the other end from the Lower Tier and you can't see the goal at your end from the Upper Tier. I'm glad we're not playing there next season.

£47 is the cheapest ie the bronze seats which for the away end are those right in the corners. Top tier Of the away end is gold, bottom tier is silver. Platinum is £72 so somewhere between the two prices for the away end!!

Rangers and we can't get in!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£47 is the cheapest ie the bronze seats which for the away end are those right in the corners. Top tier Of the away end is gold, bottom tier is silver. Platinum is £72 so somewhere between the two prices for the away end!!

Rangers and we can't get in!

No offence but Loftus Road is going to be easily the worst ground in the Premier League too. Those prices are absolutely outrageous. I hope you're not just going to stand for it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£47 per game to watch Blackburn, Sunderland, Wigan, Wolves and Fulham.

Awesome.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's disgusting. It's the sort of increase even a petrol station would be ashamed of.

This madness must stop somewhere. I think £400+ is a ridiculous sum for a season ticket. An run of the mill, Championship/League One player should not be earning more than our Prime Minister (whether you think the PM does a decent job or not).

Whew - some Prem players earn almost as much as the PM's annual salary, in a week!
Of course their tax bracket will nail 'em, but still! The public are paying big for the privilege of having lamborghinis transport their stars to work, and forcing them to date models and behave poorly in the top hotels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here