Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qaeda beheads U.S. hostage in Saudi

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda militants have beheaded an American engineer they had held hostage since last week after the Saudi government failed to meet its demands to free jailed militants, an Islamist website says.

"As we promised the mujahideen, we have beheaded the American hostage Paul Marshall after the deadline that the mujahideen gave to the tyrannical Saudi government passed," a statement signed by the Organisation of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula said on al Islah website.

The website also showed pictures of what appeared to be his severed head.

Paul Marshall Johnson, an employee of U.S. defence contractor Lockheed Martin, was the first Westerner to be kidnapped in a wave of militant attacks in the kingdom that began more than a year ago.

Al Qaeda said it carried out the attacks and kidnapping to avenge U.S. abuse of Muslim prisoners. On Tuesday, the group released a video on a website showing a blindfolded Johnson.

Saudi officials had said the kingdom would not give in to the group's demands.

Johnson's kidnapping, which follows a spate of suicide bombings and shootings in the past six weeks, has raised the stakes in al Qaeda's war against the Saudi government.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP

No-one deserves that, why ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The dirty f**king scumbags.

My thoughts are with his family but I am so incensed by these fanatical muslims:angry: :angry: :angry: They are nothing more than a bunch of superstitious twats living in the middlle ages who believe everything their deranged leaders tell them.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
It's just ridiculous, how the hell do they think that theyre right to kill a person in that way? its sick.

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
ben andrews girlfriend said:
It's just ridiculous, how the hell do they think that theyre right to kill a person in that way? its sick.

You are talking a different culture..
That is the way that they operate........

Lets talk footie!!:drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
oh yeah good point :rolleyes:

Moderators (apart from Martin as you are on holiday) - i apologise for posting an article. Our board should obviously post ridiculous crap rumors and not well written articles. Thanks. Laura x

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Al Qaeda are nothing but a bunch of murdering bar stewards with no regard for the basic human principles of decency and compassion. What a way to behave towards a fellow man. Truly appalling.

:nono: :angry:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
JAMC said:
You are talking a different culture..
That is the way that they operate........
Exactly. It's sick but unfortunately that's normal to them. In Saudi they still execute people in "chop square" where the public can watch beheadings. If you live in a culture like that it probably isn't such a big deal to you.
Not condoning it by the way, it's still wrong.:nono:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I feel really sorry for the family. This guy obviously didn't stand a chance - murdering b*st*rds.:angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FFS this is totally unacceptable in the 21st century.

Do these people really think this type of activity is creditable ?

What does this achieve ?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Do these people really think this type of activity is creditable ?

Unfortunately the answer to that is yes. These people believe that they'll go straight into the greatest part of their heaven if they kill people. It's ridiculous and shocking. It doesnt achieve anything, but a greater retaliation, unfortunately.

I believe that as long as there are people in the world like this, that are willing to fight for anything, there will never be any peace. It's an awful statement to make, but it's one that i believe.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It certainly doesn't help these people's 'cause', and generally not a good thing.

However I should like to point out that several states in America still have the death penalty - hanging, electrocution, the gas chamber, and lethal injection. Also not nice.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Curious Orange said:
It certainly doesn't help these people's 'cause', and generally not a good thing.

However I should like to point out that several states in America still have the death penalty - hanging, electrocution, the gas chamber, and lethal injection. Also not nice.

But only usually used where another life has been unlawfully taken. But I agree, still not nice.

:(

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Zebedee said:
But only usually used where another life has been unlawfully taken. But I agree, still not nice.

:(

The point being that these criminals could make the argument that as the Americans don't have any respect for the lives of their own citizens, so why should they? A tenuous argument I know, but still valid.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Curious Orange said:
The point being that these criminals could make the argument that as the Americans don't have any respect for the lives of their own citizens, so why should they? A tenuous argument I know, but still valid.

A fair point but I'm not sure that any individual who deliberately takes another's life deserves respect from anyone. That said, isn't there a differance between delivering justice and killing for the sake of pure hatred.

Sorry....drunk too much tonight.

:drink:

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It will get worse before it gets better unfortunately. This man is a martyr to the cause. The UN and governments cannot give into these sick people and release more terrorists back into society, so this gentleman paid the price for freedom with his life.

It's very sad. R.I.P.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Zebedee said:
A fair point but I'm not sure that any individual who deliberately takes another's life deserves respect from anyone. That said, isn't there a differance between delivering justice and killing for the sake of pure hatred.
Try telling that to the families of people wrongly imprisoned and executed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here