Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PWRR Will they be marching through Brighton?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Nice to see them back home in in various Towns and Cities t/o the South East including Guildford and Southampton I'll assume they will be in Brighton soon:clap:

Lewes on Thursday.

Click on this link to see a map of the route:-
http://www.lewes-tc.gov.uk/download/HOMECOMING_PARADE_poster.pdf

HOMECOMING PARADE

Princess of Wales’ Royal Regiment
Thursday 16th July 2009
12:20pm to 1:15pm

The Princess of Wales’ Royal Regiment (successors to the Royal Sussex Regiment) will exercise their Freedom of the Borough by marching through the centre of Lewes, the ancient County Town, to mark their very recent return from active service in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

This is a very rare ceremonial event, which has happened only three times since 1953 (1991 being the last occasion), and will be attended by a host of civic guests including the Lord Lieutenant and High Sheriff of the County and a number of Mayors representing other Sussex towns.

There will be a short disruption to the flow of vehicles through the town-centre during the march, including traffic diversions for a few minutes, but we trust that this will be accepted as a minor inconvenience.

We hope that as many people as possible will join us along the route to welcome home these brave soldiers who have unhesitatingly upheld the long-standing traditions and reputation of the British Army in the defence of freedom.

Lewes is proud to mark their homecoming.

Cllr Amanda Dean
Mayor of Lewes

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Nice to see them back home in in various Towns and Cities t/o the South East including Guildford and Southampton I'll assume they will be in Brighton soon:clap:
Worthing - Saturday 11th July - 1215-1315

Portsmouth - Monday 13th July - 1200-1330

Sothampton - Tuesday 14th July - 1120-1230

Romsey - Tuesday 14th July - 1500-1630

Guildford - Wednesday 15th July - 1215-1315

Lewes - Thursday 16th July - 1220-1315

Tunbridge Wells - Friday 17th July - 1225-1315

Canterbury -Saturday 18th July - 1030-1230

Just found this list, WHY THE f*** are they not coming to Brighton, we get Naked cyclists, ban the bomb mob, Smash EDA oh and Homosexuals but none of our proud residents who serve in this Regiment get to march in their home town wtf.

Just found this list, WHY THE f*** are they not coming to Brighton, we get Naked cyclists, ban the bomb mob, Smash EDA oh and Homosexuals but none of our proud residents who serve in this Regiment get to march in their home town wtf.
Because they are Freemen of the County Town of Lewes.

Genuine question then LB are they also "Freemen" of Portsmouth and Southampton and whilst we are at it the rest of the Towns on the above list?

I don't know. The honorary freedom of the Borough of Lewes was originally granted to the Royal Sussex Regiment in 1953. It was transferred to the Queens Regiment in 1965. The Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment inherited the privileges in 1992.

As it happens, the Royal Sussex Regiment was also granted the freedom of the Borough of Hove in 1958 and the City of Belfast in 1961.

D

Deleted User X18H

Worthing - Saturday 11th July - 1215-1315

Portsmouth - Monday 13th July - 1200-1330

Sothampton - Tuesday 14th July - 1120-1230

Romsey - Tuesday 14th July - 1500-1630

Guildford - Wednesday 15th July - 1215-1315

Lewes - Thursday 16th July - 1220-1315

Tunbridge Wells - Friday 17th July - 1225-1315

Canterbury -Saturday 18th July - 1030-1230

Well there you go!!! They aren't a minority all they have done is served and fought for their country and doubt they will shock young children and suck a penis shaped ice cream so what's the point of them marching for goodness sake. What type of person do you think is on the council?? (just you wait til the next elections sunshine) They may of course have a Ceremony at The T.A Building in Dyke Road I will check for announcements on my way past this morning!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well I just think it's typical of f***ing Brighton & Hove, a Town I grew up in I might add seem to quite freeley allow/encourage diverse and minority groups to march through town shouting ye ha at the police, cause massive disruption to residents and business's yet when our own return from war they arn't invited, you couldnt make it up, I for one cant wait to move!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I think you'll find that these ceremonies aren't arranged by the council, but by the Lord Lieutenant on behalf of the Queen.

I bow (once more) to your greater knowledge! I take it you mean The PWRR Parade and not The Naked Bike Ride or Pride??

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think you'll find that these ceremonies aren't arranged by the council, but by the Lord Lieutenant on behalf of the Queen.
Well as a non resident of Brighton I'm sure it's no skin off your nose, but the Council should have been petioning for this parade. I'd rather see the lads marching past my window than a bunch of flakey students drinking cider rampaging through town.

Well as a non resident of Brighton I'm sure it's no skin off your nose, but the Council should have been petioning for this parade. I'd rather see the lads marching past my window than a bunch of flakey students drinking cider rampaging through town.

A good spell in the army would put an end to all that marching and fighting, eh what?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Did you miss the vote last week? We got to nominate three marches for Brighton and Hove this year.
Pissed students, The Gays and The Suicidal Muslim Fanatics won. I think The Army was fifth after Dole Scroungers of Sussex

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If they marched through Brighton there would inevitably be some protest group out which would cause major hassle & cause great emabarrassment to Brighton.
Just my opinion like.

Just to be clear, I for one am all for the lads & they deserve a march through Brighton, followed by a piss up!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If they marched through Brighton there would inevitably be some protest group out which would cause major hassle & cause great emabarrassment to Brighton.
Just my opinion like.

Just to be clear, I for one am all for the lads & they deserve a march through Brighton, followed by a piss up!

Quite right too!

The above comment serves nothing but to Patronise everone who has lost their life serving their country and TBF had you marked up as better stuff than that!!
Sorry for the late response - I've only just seen this.

What you are saying is TOSH. I have close relatives who have served in the armed forces and a number of family members who have been killed doing so. The comment in question was merely a quote from a routine in 'I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again', or maybe it was Monty Python.

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
Chicken run, you're acting as if the council is opposed to them marching or something? Maybe they believe that as they are marching either side of Brighton, i.e Worthing and Lewis, that they do not need to march in Brighton?

I don't understand who exactly you're wound up with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here