Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Put your optimistic hat on

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How far up the league can we finish? If we play like Tuesday more often than not, and our strikers can finally find the net, then where can we finish?

Also, I know all the bluster about finishing out of the bottom 3 being a job well done, but what position do you think the whisky drinker would consider a success?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As I said at the beginning of the season CHAMPIONS

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
as long as we perform a bit steadier (and i know we've been working at it this year) it doesn't really matter how far up we finish, as long as we can establish ourselves in this division until falmer is finished.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
afters said:
as long as we perform a bit steadier (and i know we've been working at it this year) it doesn't really matter how far up we finish, as long as we can establish ourselves in this division until falmer is finished.
I reckon you should BUY Ted Bovis (my lord) with your enormous WINNINGS from last night.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But that means I'll have to take this off..

beerhat.jpg

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
it will go down to the last game of the season. As I have said for a while now we have a good enough team to be above the bottom 3 mind

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'll be happy if it isn't sorted out on the last day of the season again...4 points above the 21st team will suffice. Add to that a YES from John Boy next week and we'll have had more than a successful season.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I don't think we can factor in the Palace game, true its a league game, but we played it like a one off game, it was 'our cup final' and the performance, while exceptional, wont be repeated for 90 minutes agin this season IMO. Still 19th to 21st me thinks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Redhead said:
I don't think we can factor in the Palace game, true its a league game, but we played it like a one off game, it was 'our cup final' and the performance, while exceptional, wont be repeated for 90 minutes agin this season IMO. Still 19th to 21st me thinks.
Worth remembering we ripped Plymouth to shreds and should've beaten Crewe and Leeds. If we can get goals out of CKR, Robinson & Knight, we'll climb the league I think.

Simster said:
Also, I know all the bluster about finishing out of the bottom 3 being a job well done, but what position do you think the whisky drinker would consider a success?

Given the last few weeks, out of the bottom 3 :)

NSC Moodswings are brilliant :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I would like to think that we can have a few games at the end of the season with nothing to play for, the supporters can have a bit of a laugh and MM can try out players/formations with next season in mind, history tells us that this is highly unlikely to be the case...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I said 17th at the beginning of the season and I stand by that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully we should be safe with a few games to spare.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Having searched Optimistic Hat on google they came up with this.

I would be happy with 17th place and some good wins under our belt. Anything but last day of the season survival. How many more of these dramas can we take!

businessman_bowler_hat.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here