Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

punk by the sea(southsea)

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I'm planning to pop over for one or 2 nights. If I can't get a ticket will just wander along the promenade and listen to the music.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
All tickets now sold.
Day only tickets will only be available on a first come first served basis each day.
Unless DS is ITK ?

Flex Your Head

These events are about as far removed from the original spirit of punk as it’s possible to get – punk as holiday camp cabaret. I remember we used to laugh at the teddy boys back in the 70’s for being a bunch of sad, anachronistic losers, but this is probably worse. Punk was all about the here and now, the urgency, and the frustration of being a bored teenager; not a bunch of beer-gutted blokes in their 40s and 50s, spiking their hair for the day and singing about life on the dole.

My mate Paul played at one of the Holidays in the Sun weekenders a few years back. I remember him laughing at the old farts from the bands that reformed for a quick cash-in as they rushed to use the changing rooms to get out of their civvies and in to their ‘punk gear’. Sad.

Have fun if you go and don’t forget your Evo ;o)

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
IMG_0308.jpg

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Love that Del......just put it on instagram, let's see if it makes the popular page.....

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

These events are about as far removed from the original spirit of punk as it’s possible to get – punk as holiday camp cabaret. I remember we used to laugh at the teddy boys back in the 70’s for being a bunch of sad, anachronistic losers, but this is probably worse. Punk was all about the here and now, the urgency, and the frustration of being a bored teenager; not a bunch of beer-gutted blokes in their 40s and 50s, spiking their hair for the day and singing about life on the dole.

My mate Paul played at one of the Holidays in the Sun weekenders a few years back. I remember him laughing at the old farts from the bands that reformed for a quick cash-in as they rushed to use the changing rooms to get out of their civvies and in to their ‘punk gear’. Sad.

Have fun if you go and don’t forget your Evo ;o)

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here