Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Swindon

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I have rung a few-and got no answer.

As it is Sunday will pubs be open at 11?

I seem to remember being in the cricket club next to the ground last time we played there. The telephone number is 01793 535395.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Was a pub called the Malt and Hops or sommit like that last time we went... I think it's changed it's name now tho.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How near to the ground is this Steven?

My dad has nicked my grounds book!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yes, the nice lady says it opens at 12.

1.3 miles from station.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Doubt i'll be there much before 1 if i do go... But if i do i'll see you in there...

Is everyone behind the goal tomorrow?

The Merlin is no more than a five/ten minute walk from the ground. Quite a big pub so will be good to watch the football in as well (whoever's playing).

Us lot are in the covered seats but I think most people are going behind the goal.

"We're the dry side, we're the dry side, we're the dry side Brighton boys!"

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Behind goal yes.

I'm going to make sure my ex gets a proper soaking.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Pubs from a localish

Main away pub as reported is the Merlin 400 yards past the fire station in Drove road...car park behind the pub...

county hotel next to the ground.... no away fans after Bristol city trashed it

loads of pubs in the town cente all the major chains have pubs here... the savoy which is a weatherspoons pub will not allow football shirts...

Fleet Street has an abundance of pubs to get there walk out of the station straight ahead to the traffic lights, turn right that is fleet street... to get to the centre of town walk down fleet street 200 yards and turn left at the pub called "the Bedroom"

the ground is only 10 - 15 mins walk from the town centre...

Personally I will be in the merlin from 1pm you will know me I will be in a blue and white shirt.....have fun and dont take the piss out of our roundabouts....

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Will be with the fatboy for the pub duration of the day, will be tacking a few cans with me on the train aswell

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Got some wine sorted for the train journey.

I hope this away pub isn't too bad 'cause I'm meating my mate for a pint-he's a huge Swindon fan, and I'm taking my ex girlfriend who speaks like a farmer.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'll set up my mate with your lady.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here