Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Crisis - Any Update

Albion Rob

I put in a lot of time and effort in Chambers, Eastbourne, on Friday night. I put a fair bit of money behind the bar in return for some of their wares.

I then unfortunately undid all of my good work by falling all over the place on my way out.

Overall though, I think the mission was a success.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I saved the Barley Mow in Kemp Town on Saturday evening for a few. It seemed quite busy, the word must be spreading.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was hard at work in the Kings Head last Wednesday, and even missed the first half of the Arsenal v Man U match to squeeze in another couple of pints and a short.

Tomorrow I shall be making my own personal crusade to help The Cricketers in Southwick, where I fully intend to be off my face by half time.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Over the course of last weekend and through sustained and active protesting i managed to support the following:

The Hanover Friday
The PV Friday
The Providence Friday
Barneys Bar Friday

The Sportsman Saturday
The Freemasons Saturday
The Gap Saturday

The Biscuit Factory Sunday
Coopers Cask Sunday
The Farm Sunday
Barneys Bar Sunday

The Hanover Monday

Now, I know some of you might think I am a bit obsessive with my campaigning but its a good cause. Without dedicated people to support these worthy campaigns, our great British Pubs could all shrivel and die. i am not prepared to let this happen.

I am currently in the process of organising a 'pubzine' due for PUBlication around closing time. I would really like some volunteers to assist me with selling this and would urge you all to give up just a little of your time to SUPport this worthy cause.

:drink: PUBS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED :drink:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I think the money given over the bar at the Fortune of War saturday afternoon by me and the gang should keep them in good heath till summers here and the place gets filled out by Croydon SCUM !!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Weekend beerage saving went as follows:

Friday:
Smugglers
The Buckingham Arms
The High Street
The Bridge Inn
The Crown & Anchor

Saturday:
The Cricketers

Sunday:
The Bridge Inn
The Corwn & anchor
The Ferry
The Cricketers

I shall be helping Easy tomorrow in the Cricks and also intend to be pissfaced by half-time.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very slack I'm afraid. Only helped to save the Cleveland on Friday night. Was going to help save the Bugle on Sunday but my mate was ill so we didn't go. I hate leaving it up to others, I'll try harder next weekend.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If there is ever a pub that needs saving then it's the Cleveland if only to keep Robbie alive through the drip trays.

Jul 20, 2003
Trotster said:
Over the course of last weekend and through sustained and active protesting i managed to support the following:

The Hanover Friday
The PV Friday
The Providence Friday
Barneys Bar Friday

The Sportsman Saturday
The Freemasons Saturday
The Gap Saturday

The Biscuit Factory Sunday
Coopers Cask Sunday
The Farm Sunday
Barneys Bar Sunday

The Hanover Monday

Now, I know some of you might think I am a bit obsessive with my campaigning but its a good cause. Without dedicated people to support these worthy campaigns, our great British Pubs could all shrivel and die. i am not prepared to let this happen.

I am currently in the process of organising a 'pubzine' due for PUBlication around closing time. I would really like some volunteers to assist me with selling this and would urge you all to give up just a little of your time to SUPport this worthy cause.

:drink: PUBS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED :drink:

that deserves a badge of some kind

top work

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
If there is ever a pub that needs saving then it's the Cleveland if only to keep Robbie alive through the drip trays.
Legend!

Jul 20, 2003
for my part I recruited my father on Friday and thoroughly saved the Exchange for a few hours before making supportive gestures to 'The Farm Road 2' (Copper's and Farm)

Saturday's support was given to one of my favoured local causes, One Hove Place

Sunday's support was given to 'Fortune of War' and 'The Albion'

I'm delighted to see so many of you fine people supporting the needy cause of pubs in crisis - you are a credit to your respective communities

give yourselves a pat on the back

:clap:

Jul 20, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Weekend beerage saving went as follows:

Friday:
Smugglers
The Buckingham Arms
The High Street
The Bridge Inn
The Crown & Anchor

Saturday:
The Cricketers

Sunday:
The Bridge Inn
The Corwn & anchor
The Ferry
The Cricketers

I shall be helping Easy tomorrow in the Cricks and also intend to be pissfaced by half-time.

as with La Trotster, a stirling effort. consider yourself badge worthy as and when the movement gets a bigger budget (at the moment all funds are directed towards emergency action)

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
:drunk:

I am really excited about receiving a special badge for my efforts - will i get a mention in the CAMRA programme?? :dunce:

I do understand though that Carbers and I will not receive badges :( but that the money should go to a better clause.

I lent a great deal of my time to this cause over the past few days..

Wednesday:

Waggon And Horses
The Dome Bar

Thursday:
The Heights, Luton. This pub was in such danger myself and work colleagues helped it stay afloat from 5 - 11pm.
Chicagos, Luton

Friday:
Brookes, Luton.

Saturday: Time to take the campaign to the capital.
Founders Arms
Kings Arms
Shakespeare, until closing time.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
agreed, save the pennies for the cause. I shall be returning to my homeland of Hertfordshire on Friday and wil do my best to help kick start the efforts up that way.
Funnily enough the pubs at the local Cricket Ground so whats the betting on the name then?! :D

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Gave Caulfields, The Newtown Inn and the Roost in Maynooth a bit of support on the weekend. Got to support pubs across all leagues, y'know.

Jul 20, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Any suggestions for Eastbourne saving before tonight's game?

Is it @ the Saffrons tonight?

If so 'The Dewdrop' in South St is probably the most save-worthy pub in the immediate area - couple of minutes walk away

If you're driving, The Lamb in 'Old Town' is a good 'un

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here