Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Spurs game

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I know I posted this before but it has gone now and as a lot of people did not go on line over Christmas I thought I would start it up again.
here are a few quotes from a Spurs board about pubs
"Before a home game its ok for away supps to drink in the Olive Branch(Park Lane) Ive seen opps drink in there and noone says anything to them..no problem."

"Well, I think small, well behaved groups of you would be welcome anywhere mate as long as you're prepared for a bit of banter and not wearing many colours.
Away fans are always welcome in numbers, with colours at the Irish Centre - which is ok - cheap as you like for the drink and live footy if there's a game before on at 12. It's got a great big car park ( 5 quid ) and is 5 mins walk to the ground.
To get there, you go north up the High Road 200 yards past the Paxton End, take a left at the lights down WHL and turn right straight after the raiway bridge - opposite WHL station - you'll find the place 100 yards up on your left. If you're coming by train - go to WHL overground and go straight across the road as you come out of the station and it's 100 yards on the left."

THe Irish Centre is where I will be heading. What about the rest of you who are lucky enough to have tickets.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Going up by minibus so will depend on what time we get there. I take it there are bars at the ground?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
The Northstander said:
IS everyone going to the Irish Center?

Yep along with a few others that are travelling up with me.

Don't know if it allows children but will try and find out for you Stinky

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Can anyone give directions please from Seven sisters station?

:thumbsup:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I asked so many Spurs fans about the Irish Centre on Saturday and none of them had heard of it.

The lunchtime games is a FA Cup game; didn't look too exciting.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Never drink near most grounds in London apart from QPR.
Somewhere like the HOLE IN THE WALL near Waterloo railway station is better for folks who's railway journey takes then near there.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I was thinking of going up to London Bridge, having a bite to eat at Borough Market (home made burger or Chorizo & Roast Pepper roll) a pint or two of Harveys at the Market Porter and then take a 149 bus either all the way up to the ground (bit of a slow crawl up the high road on a Saturday no doubt) or get off at Liverpool Street for the 20 minute train journey to WHL.

FACuptatstic day out in store.

:clap2:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
When this was originally posted the other week I agreed that the Irish Centre was a decent enough place. However, having been there again before last Saturday's Everton game, I quickly changed my mind. It was completely packed - unpleasantly so, not your good, bustling pub atmosphere - and you definitely feel like you're in a rather down-at-heel community centre than a proper boozer.
Most of the other places I've been to tend to want Spurs end tickets shown on entry, though can highly recommend the Gilpin's Bell, a large, cheap, family-friendly pub which this season introduced a big screen too. Only drawback is it's a bit of a trek, if you're coming from Seven Sisters, anyway - about ten minutes' walk past the ground, on top of your 25-minute trudge from Seven Sisters. It's on the right hand side of the road, under a sign welcoming visitors to Edmonton Green.
Or, of course, they sell beer in the ground. Just don't expect a Millennium Stadium-and-its-magical-eight-pints-a-minute-machine standard of service...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I have Spurs mates who have said they often get asked to show their Home tickets in pubs near the Ground, central London it is then :drink:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
bha.fatboy said:
Yep along with a few others that are travelling up with me.

Don't know if it allows children but will try and find out for you Stinky

Cheers, I think we are heading for Liverpool st area now due to the later description of the Irish centre being a packed place on match days.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Does anyone know of any pubs in the London area that will be serving beer this coming Saturday?

I'm sure there must be at least one some where, but I'd rather not take the risk of going on the off chance!!

Thanks in advance

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Arthur said:
Does anyone know of any pubs in the London area that will be serving beer this coming Saturday?

I'm sure there must be at least one some where, but I'd rather not take the risk of going on the off chance!!

Thanks in advance

What you will be drinking beer before football. Next you will be wanting to stand up and chant and expect people to know who the players are.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Arthur said:

Thanks in advance

You're not going to be on the West Country loopy juice then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here