Pubs for Sheff Wed

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lion's Lair on Burgess Street ?

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
really good write up about sheffield pubs in the guardian travel supplement on saturday.

i cant remember the names, deal with it.

This?

Sheffield has more different beers on tap than any other British city, and the smart Supertram could almost have been designed to link the best pubs.

Arriving by train (you won't want to drive), the most difficult part is dragging yourself away from the city's biggest selection of British and imported craft beers in the stunning new Sheffield Tap on platform one. But be strong. Cross the footbridge to the tram stop, board one for Malin Bridge and buy a cheap day ticket (£3.50, supertram.com).

Alight at West Street, in the buzzing student quarter, for the Devonshire Cat's huge range of cask ales and Belgian beers (Wellington Street, devonshirecat.co.uk). Then admire the Victorian decor at the Bath Hotel pub (publichousesheffield.com) round the corner at 66-68 Victoria Street.

One more stop and you'll find the University Arms on Brook Hill, then it's two more to Shalesmoor for the Kelham Island Tavern (62 Russell Street, kelhamislandtavern.co.uk), and the Fat Cat (23 Alma Street, thefatcat.co.uk), the pub that started and still inspires the city's craft beer scene. And if you like excellent beer served with a side order of attitude, you could always pop into the Wellington in Henry Street (wellingtonsheffield.com).

Two more stops brings you to the Hillsborough Hotel where you'll find friendly people, a brewery in the cellar turning out an eclectic range of excellent brews, and outrageously good value accommodation to sleep the whole thing off (54-58 Langsett Road, hillsborough-hotel.co.uk, doubles from £50 B&B). Or just catch a tram all the way back.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Just stay out of Hillsboro before kick off! Not of it is strictly home fans only, unless you are able to put on a northern accent and want to stand in two inches of piss!

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Just stay out of Hillsboro before kick off! Not of it is strictly home fans only, unless you are able to put on a northern accent and want to stand in two inches of piss!

Are you coming down with us Stu?

I've not been told anything.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Are you coming down with us Stu?

I've not been told anything.

yeah pm'd earlier, early start avoiding the Leeds millwall thing, one other Brighton excile with me, got some egg chasing to watch night before so a good sporting weekend on the cards!

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
yeah pm'd earlier, early start avoiding the Leeds millwall thing, one other Brighton excile with me, got some egg chasing to watch night before so a good sporting weekend on the cards!

Excellent,

Well Ill see you on sat morning.

Gonna be a few of us meeting so should hopfully be good.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010

Take it you went in the Blue Ball?

All pubs in Hillsborough are HOME FANS only sadly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here