Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for saturday

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Ok, this is a gramatically correct thread for the benefit of WILKO!!

One was wondering at what pub we would all be convening for pre-match drinkies on this forthcoming Saturday?

One would appriciate suggestions by form of reply to this thread soonest.

I thank you

x

P.S. I Just found out i passed my licencing exam!!! I can now (subject to magistrates court) run my own pub!!!! NCS Arms anyone!!!

:lolol:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
:blush: Yes, sorry - NSC Arms!!! you can only order your drinks by either PM or on MSN and laptops are compulsary!!! :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Congrats Trotster :clap2:

not going to Stocky so everyone have fun

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Ive always fancied running a pub/bar, I may just do it one day but I will have to call it The Muddy Starfish its just the best !!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
154 Heaton Lane, Stockport, Cheshire. SK4 1AR

Tel: 0161 429 0549

Welcome to the unique experience which is The Crown Inn. Built originally as 3 cottages in about 1795 it predates Stockport's magnificent viaduct under which it now stands. There is still remaining a nod or two in the direction of those bygone days of 3 cottages. Reputedly the only pub in Cheshire with 3 front doors and the original (and virtually intact) brew cellar, once belonging to the Blacksmith who owned the end cottage nearest the viaduct, is still accessible, but unused, to this day.

First referred to a Beer House in the 1838 Stockport Ratebook, there is however a listing as a pub as early as the Stockport Directory of 1821-2. Continuously referred to as a Public House from 1838 and at some stage with stables in the Rear Yard.

Between 1821 and 1955 there are records of some 21 licencees. In 1956 Violet Houston took over as licencee and remained so until the early 1980s. She is still remembered by several regular customers.

The Crown Inn was owned by Boddingtons Brewery from 1902 and sold Boddingtons beers until 2002. Refurbished in about 1988 by Greeenall Whitley the pub's interior retains many Victorian and Edwardian features. Threes separate lounges boast open fireplaces and there is a gas lit vault with 3 original etched bevelled windows in the Bar Parlour, The Vault and in what is now the games room and also in two internal access doors and the middle front door. One lounge is a designated no smoking area and the rear lounge sports a magnificent large mirror over the fireplace. Many lights are 1920-30s in style and remain unaltered.

The enclosed Beer Garden is laid with sets and commands awesome views of the viaduct, as the pub seems to have had links in the past with the Railway. Rail and Bus Stations are within 5 and 10 minutes walk respectively and although there is no car park per se, free parking space is available close by. The proposed Metro tram link will terminate at the Bus Station and the M60 Motorway is within half a mile.

The current licencees Graham and Jeanette Mascord are both members of CAMRA and this is reflected in the range and quality of the 10 cask ales all served from Angram beer engines. A mild ale and guest draught cider are always available as is the house beer which is Jennings Bitter. Local micro breweries are also well represented with dedicated pumps for Bank Top, Phoenix, Pictish and Whim Ales, still leaving 4 pumps available for beer from Orkney to The Isle of Wight, from Norfolk to the Isle of Man and all points in between.

There is a State of the Art cellar boasting an automated drop, computerised line cleaning and the cask cellar is temperature controlled with 36 autotilts on which beer is racked with a mini fork-lift truck.

Food is basic, inexpensive fayre, lunches served weekdays 12 - 2pm and hot and cold pies available all day. Bar snacks include a range of seafood complimented by cheese and pickles, nuts crisps etc. Small functions catered for.

There is a range of 15 Malt Whiskies to select from, bottled foreign lagers/beers and NO alcopops are served.

The Crown has no T.V but pool and traditional pub games are available.

Good quality musical events on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays with Rock Bands in the Beer Garden each Saturday from May - September.

Hours of Trading:
Monday - Thursday inclusive 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 11pm
Friday and Saturday 12.20pm - 11pm
Sunday 7.30pm - 10.30pm

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Yes - I have finally been to university and left with a qualification!!

Does that mean i am a graduate now???

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Labour club just down the road is pretty good.

£1.30 a pint if memory serves ?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Trotster said:
Yes - I have finally been to university and left with a qualification!!

Does that mean i am a graduate now???

Do you get to collect a certificate in a hat and gown ???

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
fatboy said:
How much is a pint if someone else is serving?
Ho ho, anyway, ill be where YOU are as you OWE me from last Saturday :lolol: :lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Who says we will get there in time for the pub ? You know I don't approve of pre match drinking.
Don't think Oap junior is going so may well have an extra space.If anyone interested ?
I expect you'll have to sit in the front with me.:lolol:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
oapdodge said:
Who says we will get there in time for the pub ? You know I don't approve of pre match drinking.
Don't think Oap junior is going so may well have an extra space.If anyone interested ?
I expect you'll have to sit in the front with me.:lolol:

:ohmy:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
OAP senior not going either then Martin ?

I can stretch my legs out in the back and sleep off my hangover then :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here