Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Palace

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Anyone made any plans for drinking venues for the Palace game? I've got the afternoon off and will get the train into London via Clapham with a few for an early start. Have heard most pubs convenient for Smellworst are going to be closed so was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Croydon should be open but is a dive.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Theres a lot of people (including me:smokin: ) going to be in the Burrell in Haywards Heath from about 130ish- i think many people will give pubs in croydon and surronding area a miss :drink: :drink:

Is the bar in the ground going to be open???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lokki 7 said:
Drinking pints of Harveys in the Market Porter london bridge.

I will be down there at about 4 o/clock Jim.

Train to EC and then a cab to the ground.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
drunk in pub @ Thornton Heath last time, was full of Brighton . Old bill kept us in there but plenty of singing so will head back there.
Cant see pubs being shut. The old bill Im sure prefer us to be somewhere so they can keep on top of the situation.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Why we are on this subject is anyone going up from Eastbourne by train? Have a poxy course so cannot leave until about 4:30ish but do not want to go up on my todd if i can help it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Get to either Brighton or HH stations there are bound to be people going up right up until KO as they cant get time off work etc -

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Dougal said:
drunk in pub @ Thornton Heath last time, was full of Brighton . Old bill kept us in there but plenty of singing so will head back there.
Cant see pubs being shut. The old bill Im sure prefer us to be somewhere so they can keep on top of the situation.

The Railway Telegraph ?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The Auditor said:
The Railway Telegraph ?
I doubt it. It would have been the George which is the away fans pub. I went in there at 12pm last time we played you and not a single Brighton fan in sight. We were told to drink up very quickly as it was soon to be invested. Didn`t realise it was allocated to you before going in of course.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I wa sin a pbu in thornton heath last time form when it opened pretty much stayed there the whole time and it was full of brighton fans and lots of singing.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Loads of us getting the 5 oclock train up from Eastbourne so welcome to join us, wardywonderland.

Last edited:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Dont publicise your plans too loudly, bear in mind what happened in Clapham last time, a nice visit and march from the Met.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
jezzer said:
Loads of us getting the 5 oclock train up from Eastbourne so welcome to join us, wardywonderland.

Cool sounds like a good plan. You gonna be wearing colours etc?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Dont publicise your plans too loudly, bear in mind what happened in Clapham last time, a nice visit and march from the Met.

I Agree

Going to drink in Horsham with all the top boys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here