Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publicity for Go Green and Fans Reunited building up

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Good stuff.

Really hope we make a proper go of it on Friday night as it will look rather pitiful if it's a lame effort. Gully's girls are going green too which is great. Hopefully Sky will pick up on that

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What if I don't own any green clothing?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good stuff.

Really hope we make a proper go of it on Friday night as it will look rather pitiful if it's a lame effort. Gully's girls are going green too which is great. Hopefully Sky will pick up on that
Let's face it, that's the key to the whole thing. Ideally Sky will show Gully's Girls and whatever protest is planned - and explain what is happening and what it's about. That 'explanation' bit is crucial otherwise a lot of people watching will just wonder what the green is for ("Dunno, 'cos the stadium's built in a green field or something?").

I'm not holding out too much hope, I've got a sneaky feeling that to avoid controversy the Sky camera angles will judiciously avoid the pro-Plymouth displays and just give us more close-ups of Dalglish's face.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Let's face it, that's the key to the whole thing. Ideally Sky will show Gully's Girls and whatever protest is planned - and explain what is happening and what it's about. That 'explanation' bit is crucial otherwise a lot of people watching will just wonder what the green is for ("Dunno, 'cos the stadium's built in a green field or something?").

I'm not holding out too much hope, I've got a sneaky feeling that to avoid controversy the Sky camera angles will judiciously avoid the pro-Plymouth displays and just give us more close-ups of Dalglish's face.

You may well be right. Hopefully Sky have been made well aware of the plans and the reasoning behind it so they can show it and explain it, rather than try to hide it away

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

What is Dalglish going to be so impressed with the mighty stripes on Wednesday that he is going to get a ticket for the Leeds game on the 23rd. I thought it was a sell out already. The JCL.

What about a "Peter Risdale is a w&nker chant etc. etc." I am sure Leeds fans may join in with that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
they are wearing "a bit" of green was what I read

And to be honest, Sky probably dont have a clue what we are doing, and have no interest in it. They are probably more concerned about the fairytale of Steven Gerrard playing football

I suspect they have already made a 10 minutes film "Gerrard - from hospital to fitness the inside story" which will leave four minutes thirty seconds for the adverts and thirty seconds for the pundits (25 for Redknap and 5 for Tommy)

Edit: I've fallen into the wrong game trap as well :dunce:

Lush

Mods' Pet
they are wearing "a bit" of green was what I read

And to be honest, Sky probably dont have a clue what we are doing, and have no interest in it.

They have been briefed, so they do know.

They are probably more concerned about the fairytale of Steven Gerrard playing football

Probably true, but hopefully they'll still spare a few seconds to comment on why there are green balloons and green cards being waved before the match - and why Gully's Girls have green ribbons in their hair. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here