Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public Enquiry Cash Refund

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Perhaps I was dreaming it but I seem to remember coming on NSC a short time ago and the subject of transfer funds was being discussed. The Large One appeared to be adamant(But not with a white stripe across his nose) that the Albion would get some money back after a positive Falmer decision, which in turn might go towards players in the January window.
Now apparently according to others nothing is going to be forthcoming so does anyone know the definitive answer?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ask Harty. :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ring the chairman ?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
If i told you i'd have to kill you..............:lolol:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I think that the costs of the planning applications and public inquiries will be refunded to the Albion ,by the stadium company(when it is formed).Whether any money will be made available to MM is another matter.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
My understanding was that the money spent on the Inquiry and for legal advice would be included in the development costs eventually. This would mean that the Albion will get some of their expenditure back when the funding is in place. This will be after next January I guess but I'm no expert on this matter.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
sams dad said:
I think that the costs of the planning applications and public inquiries will be refunded to the Albion ,by the stadium company(when it is formed).Whether any money will be made available to MM is another matter.

The company is already formed sir.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
dougdeep said:
The company is already formed sir.
Thanks for that,Doug.Let's hope they swiftly reimburse the football club with the costs of securing the Falmer site.

PS-Your comments re Saltdean(on Sunday?) didn't go unnoticed .You have been warned. :angry:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
sams dad said:
Thanks for that,Doug.Let's hope they swiftly reimburse the football club with the costs of securing the Falmer site.

Don't think they've got the funding yet, have they? Without the funding the Stadium Company can't give back money it hasn't got yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BHA links said:
Don't think they've got the funding yet, have they? Without the funding the Stadium Company can't give back money it hasn't got yet.

Also any money we get back might be required to repay loans or alternatively just to keep us going for the final two year stint at Withdean.

BHA links said:

Eaxctly, we've got a whole year (AND SOME) ahead of us filling in grant applications, trying to squeeze companies for commercial rights and chatting to a barreload of bankers about lending us some money at a nice rate of interest. That's gonna take some while and I'll be amazed if the funding is all in place by the January window in over a year's time, never mind this one coming up :)

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Beach Hut said:
Also any money we get back might be required to repay loans or alternatively just to keep us going for the final two year stint at Withdean.
I don't suppose that any of the repaid money will be given directly to MM.However if getting that money back means an easing of the financial crisis(if that isn't too strong a word) at the club,then MM might have a bigger budget to play with in the future.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
sams dad said:
I don't suppose that any of the repaid money will be given directly to MM.However if getting that money back means an easing of the financial crisis(if that isn't too strong a word) at the club,then MM might have a bigger budget to play with in the future.

True, maybe with the extra seats we can eek out another player's wages.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps this coming January was a TAD optimistic. Ooops. :blush:

But the club has said it is entitled to its share of the development costs to be refunded. Whether that means the City Council is entitled to some money back as well, I am not sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here