Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Psoriasis - Any sufferers? - Questionnaire type thing

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Are there any sufferers of psoriasis here?

Can you answer a few questions?

1. Do you know the type of psoriasis you suffer from? Plaque, guttate, inverse, pustular, erythrodermic.

2. What areas of your body are most affected?

3. Do the areas with psoriasis itch or hurt?

4. Do you suffer from psoriatic arthritis? If not, have you heard of psoriatic arthritis?

5. Psoriasis is very hard to treat. What treatment do you use, and do you feel it has much affect? What treatments have you used, that didn't have much affect?

6. Does anything in your daily life either improve or worsen the signs of psoriasis? E.g. Any foods/drinks that improve/worsen your psoriasis? If you are under sunlight for a large part of the day, does this worsen or improve things? Etc.

Cheers.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
1. A friend of mine suffers with psoriasis but I am not sure which one it is from your list.
2. Knees and elbows are the main areas but it does extend to all of her arms and legs on occasions.
3. She describes it as a VERY itchy feeling.
4. She doesn’t suffer from psoriatic arthritis but is fully aware of it.
5. She tried tar baths and creams when she was young with no noticeable improvement. She uses E45 cream which helps a little.
6. She doesn’t eat any red meat. When she exposes the affected areas to the summer sunshine it gets sore but then disappears after a week or two. When she was pregnant ALL of her psoriasis disappeared!

Hope this is of some help!

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think mine is more dermatitus but if anyone knows of a good cream I use E45 (not P45!). I get it between my fingers but the worst is in my ears that I can't use anything on, which has caused tinitus and bad balance, and my ears get blocked up easy. Have had it behind the knees and on elbows in the past. Anyway anyone know of a good cream, as I said, let me know please.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
See bold.

Are there any sufferers of psoriasis here?

Yes

Can you answer a few questions?

OK

1. Do you know the type of psoriasis you suffer from? Plaque, guttate, inverse, pustular, erythrodermic.

Plaque

Forearms, Elbows, Shins and Knees although as a child there probably wasn't any part of my body without Psoriasis on it

It did when I had it in my hair and it was hot, but not really

4. Do you suffer from psoriatic arthritis? If not, have you heard of psoriatic arthritis?

Not that I know of

5. Psoriasis is very hard to treat. What treatment do you use, and do you feel it has much affect? What treatments have you used, that didn't have much affect?

I've used all sorts from coal tar, dovonex and whatnot - I currently have an oat and honey soap that does well 'exfoliating' and I was recommended to use Lush's 'Dream Cream' which seems to make it look less angry

6. Does anything in your daily life either improve or worsen the signs of psoriasis? E.g. Any foods/drinks that improve/worsen your psoriasis? If you are under sunlight for a large part of the day, does this worsen or improve things? Etc.

Running makes it better! but that's probably due to the sweat and salty sea air scrubbing layers off

Cheers.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have suffered since I was 16 and I'm 39 now. I could write a book. I'll PM you

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
My dad suffers from it. Bad on Elbows, Knees and shins. Seemed to get a lot lot better once he retired, which suggests to me it was made worse by stress.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Guilty as charged.

1. Plaque

2. Everywhere except hands and face.

3. Itches pretty much everywhere. Hurts on my sides at most times. Hurts everywhere when it's cold.

4. No I don't have it. Yes, I've heard of it and obviously not looking forward to getting it.

5. Tried pretty much everything. The only time in the last 20 years I've been clear of it was when I went to a friends wedding in Thailand. Amazing. I use E45 cream and Alphosil shampoo.

6. When I go for a little while without alcohol it eases slightly, but not enough to make it worth while giving up booze! i have a very stressfull job, I doubt that helps.

Interested as to why you are asking these questions.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
I suffer from atopic eczema... esp on the the elbows and knees... I have been told by my doctor that it is caused by stress... that is why I took to the whisky and stopped listening to Albion radio reports..... not cured yet tho... ;-(

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I think mine is more dermatitus but if anyone knows of a good cream I use E45 (not P45!). I get it between my fingers but the worst is in my ears that I can't use anything on, which has caused tinitus and bad balance, and my ears get blocked up easy. Have had it behind the knees and on elbows in the past. Anyway anyone know of a good cream, as I said, let me know please.

ive suffered from eczema all my life and hc45 (hydrocortizone cream) has always helped

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Plaque

Has been lower back, head, feet, elbows, leg, now only on my hands and occasionally on by elbows.

They itch and the areas on my hands can hurt.

No

I found a good reflexologist, on her advice I have been taking cod liver oil, vitamin c supplements and drinking lots of water as well as initially weekly and now monthly reflexology sessions. The psoriasis has almost gone except on my hands.

I believe the main cause of my psoriasis has been stress at work. Drinking alcohol and being dehydrated also has a negative effect. Exposure to Sunlight can improve things.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Psoriasis

I had Psoriasis on my big toe, aggravated by stress. It went away gradually when the agent (neighbour) causing the stress went away.

Do NOT use Dovonex. It makes the condition much worse.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Not sure. Sorry
Lower legs, arms, chest and back. Occasional flare ups elsewhere.
Itch. Like mad.
No and No.
Dovobet, Light treatment,Cetraben, Diprosalic Ointment and another cream. Unfortunately i've forgotten the name of the cream. I have found that none of them have much affect, if any.
Sunlight and alcohol make it worse, drinking copious amounts of water helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here