Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proud step-dad, me

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My step-daughter is cock-a-hoop as the moment. It's all I can do to drag her down from the ceililng. Why? She has just been offered her first choice of university - Guildhall in London, where she is going to study Stage Management to a degree level.

Pluses
• Top university offering excellent career prospects when she has finished
• She is happy that it's not too far from home, but far enough away to be considered 'away'.
• Work placement already offered - one of the big theatres in New York City
• Me and the missus get the house to ourselves

Minuses
• Bloody expensive course - I can see a sodding great bill coming our way
• London is bloody expensive to live in
• Me and the missus get the house to ourselves

Anyway, never mind that, me and her mum are absolutely delighted for her, it's what she has wanted - no, badly yearned for - for ages, and I just thought I'd share this lovely piece of household news with you.

That is all.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:) :) :)

Last edited:

I'm a production sound engineer TLO. I do loads of theatre stuff, musicals mostly. So yes, I'm a bit of a 'west end wendy' on the quiet. Guildhall's well respected in the biz. Tell her to take the sound option in her 3rd(?) year if she has a choice, and she'll give herself more chance of work when she finishes her course.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Franks Wild Years said:
I'm a production sound engineer TLO. I do loads of theatre stuff, musicals mostly. So yes, I'm a bit of a 'west end wendy' on the quiet. Guildhall's well respected in the biz. Tell her to take the sound option in her 3rd(?) year if she has a choice, and she'll give herself more chance of work when she finishes her course.
Wierd you should say that - I think that is what she is going to do.

Where do you work? Brizzle?

The Large One said:
Wierd you should say that - I think that is what she is going to do.

Where do you work? Brizzle?

Not normally, if a show I'm working on comes here then it's a bonus. I spend 90% of my working life away from home, which I really enjoy.
Good for her for wanting to do sound. All other departements smell, except for wardrobe who tour their own washing machines !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good one. I had a friend who got on a stage management course and I know that it's pretty competitive.

Well done to her, you and Mrs TLO must be very proud.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Great stuff. Well done young lady. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here