Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proper Soccer Areas,

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
According to that loudmouth lackwit Andy Gray,Newcastle is a proper soccer area."Other places may have a soccer team,but they are not proper soccer areas,not like this where 50,000 plus turn up every week." Or words to that effect.So,Andy,where are these areas ,the improper areas,which have teams,but don't truly amount to much ?

And are we one of them,and should I become a Newcastle fan so that you approve of me.

Tart.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The more I hear of Andy Gray, the more I want to hurt him.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I enjoyed my free Sky day today.

Wasn't there a lot of empty seats in geordieland though?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm sure even Geordies wouldn't appreciate the word soccer to describe their passion for football.
There is only one soccer area, it's called America.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I heard all that guff being spouted by Andy Gray and it really annoyed me as that type of thing always does...So just because some northern numpty's paint their faces black and white, take their replica shirts off in the middle of January and wave them around their heads means they love their club more than I love mine?...Of course not.

Whilst obviously some towns and cities are not quite as big on football as others but I would say no one group of fans are anymore passionate than any other group of supporters.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
When Newcastle were particularly shite they never got near to filling St James, the myth of the fanatical Geordie football fan is just that, they are as fickle and fairweather as everyone else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here