Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pro Footballers/Cricketers

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there have been many....The Compton Twins( Arsenal and england) Arnie Sidebottom( Huddersfield/Manu etc al) and played for Yorkshire, Didnt Nicky Rust play for Surrey? my godfather Chris Balderstone played for Carlisle in teh First Division and Leicestershire.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I remember Chris balderstone.

There was also the WBA and tranmere keeper Jim Cumbes who used to start his footie season once his cricket season had finished.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Didn't Botham play league football at one point?

If memory serves was it Scunthorpe?

_39774789_botham_scunthorpe270.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don Bates played for Albion (in the promotion season at the end of the 50s) and for Sussex.

If you're looking for pro cricketers who played for Albion, you should include Graham Cross. He played several games for Leicestershire - but none for Sussex.

In the 60s, there were loads of people who played football and cricket: Foreman, Cumbes and Baldestone have been mentioned. Two other players were Jim Standen and Ted Hemsley. Geoff Hurst played one game for Essex. Arthur Milton (who played football for England) was a Gloucestershire regular until the 70s, as was Barrie Meyer (who played for Bristol City). A little later, Phil Neale played for Worcestershire and Lincoln City. I'm sure there were several more but I can't recall them for the moment.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think Chris Balderstone was the last person to play top-flight football (for Carlisle when they were in Division One) and cricket for England (two tests in 1976). Can't think of anyone else who's done it since.

Who was the last dual-international?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here