Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Harry

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Not going to Iraq.
I know why they've made the decision, but it's just a really bad decision that sends out all the wrong signals.
After the Navy's hierachy made a huge f*** up the other week, now it's the Army's turn.

UK 0, Iran/Iraq 2. :angry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good thing too, now they can throw away the t- shirts with an arrow pointing to the left with the legend "I'm not Harry, Major Hewitt's son is the 3rd on my left" :lol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Del Boy said:
Ginger german tosser

...who wanted to serve his country in a warzone. That doesn't make him a tosser in my book.

German and ginger maybe, though :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Downloaded Penguin said:
...who wanted to serve his country in a warzone. That doesn't make him a tosser in my book.

German and ginger maybe, though :jester:

Far more Scottish blood than German.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
So the tax payers ahve paid for him to go through all this bloody military training just so he can get a few colourfull stripes on his uniform and now they wont let him go and do his job!

Cor, i wish my boss would let me do all the training and then say, acctually, dont do your job, just sit at home for 6 months and we'll still pay you!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Army does it's job in a lot more places than Iraq. :dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ali jenkins said:
But i bet he wont go anywhere else though!

Where do you think he'll stay? Sandhurst?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Quoted by yorkie "Far more Scottish blood than German."

According to Kitty Kelly in her banned book on the Queen Mother, she was in fact the daughter of a welsh milk maid, employed on the family estates, and the family took six weeks to register the birth, a criminal offence in those days.

The EARLS wife had already had eight children, and was worn out, and a milk maid was used for the last two brats.

This information is probably why the book was banned in this country, and explains why the women was a right wing snob all her life.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Ah - Kitty Kelley's book was not "banned" here - she did not publish it here because the libel laws are slightly more relaxed thant in the US and she knew that it would cost her too much in court. She is an expert in "unnamed sources", and can treat (in America) a denied story as evidence of a cover up, and as such her books are treated as being as trustworthy as the Sunday Sport.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I wouldn't want to serve in the army with him. You'd have every fundamentalist nutcase in Iraq after your patrol.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If it wasnt in the press and on TV so much nobody would have known he was there, why not have a press blackout until he was back from his tour of duty

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Gazwag said:
If it wasnt in the press and on TV so much nobody would have known he was there, why not have a press blackout until he was back from his tour of duty

That would only work over here though. You couldn't black out reports from arab press who would gladly see a bit of humiliation for the UK.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Correct decision I think. Couldn't give a toss about Harry, but his presense there would undoubtably put other British troops at risk.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
He must be gutted, end if th day when you join up and there is the oportunity to put into practice what yiu have trained to do, you want to grab it with both hands and get "stuck in!"

On the other hand, the troops must be a little relieved.

His presence there would have beena danger to others!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Regardless of what you think of the ginger nazi, I can't see how anyone thought sending Harry to Iraq was a good idea.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rangdo said:
That would only work over here though. You couldn't black out reports from arab press who would gladly see a bit of humiliation for the UK.

But if it was kept secret he was going they wouldn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here