Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride of Britain

sureyyathegodofthephonein

nsc most loved
Apr 26, 2008
Having sex in a skip
It's time of year again where we honour the real heroes in this country people who do extradaunary things
Pride of Britain usually makes me cry because of what these people do they do put there lives on the line for people
then we go to the Withdeane and you get people moaning shouting screaming at Micky Adams because we've lost a football match
all i can say is Guys lets homour some real Heroes tonight ok

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a good show but I would rather see more members of ordinary society not loads of celebs out for a free after show party.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We will have a tale of true heroism, something so amazing, you wont believe it actually could happen in real life. It will pull at your heart strings, and make you well up.

But quick, cut to Kate Thornton crying, or Victoria Beckham and her new £100,000 hand bag, and show us what PROPER heroes are about.

If we are lucky we may even get a tear in Nel McAndrews eye, whilst Ant and Dec give the woman who saved a child from a house fire, whilst in her lost month to live because of cancer a cheeky little hug and one line joke

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The Hoodie from Worthing, Carl Duval, is Mrs Hart's cousin. Top lad, and ironically the old lush he dragged off the railway track has never come forward to thank him, there's gratitude for you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shower of sh*te.

It's just a mix of Hello and Closer (if that's a 'real life true stories' mag), and I truely can't think of anything worse.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Hoodie from Worthing, Carl Duval, is Mrs Hart's cousin. Top lad, and ironically the old lush he dragged off the railway track has never come forward to thank him, there's gratitude for you.

Brave lad, It goes to show that not all hoodies are bad. It's bad that the woman has never thanked him in person though, she should be ashamed of herself.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Didnt see this before I posted my thread but here's my take again:

Now don't get me wrong, I think those people who get recognised are amazing and some of their stories are incredibly humbling and the word hero is more than applicable to almost all of them.

However.....

It makes me sick that you get all of those mostly Z list celebrities who are in the most part leeches of society making up 90% ofthe audience and getting airtime and self publicity on the back of something that should be about the real stars of the night.

I think the whole affair would be better served with real people in the audience that have really done somehting for society. BUt then that wouldn't do for the cameras and the big Daily Mirror sponsorship.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Didnt see this before I posted my thread but here's my take again:

Now don't get me wrong, I think those people who get recognised are amazing and some of their stories are incredibly humbling and the word hero is more than applicable to almost all of them.

However.....

It makes me sick that you get all of those mostly Z list celebrities who are in the most part leeches of society making up 90% ofthe audience and getting airtime and self publicity on the back of something that should be about the real stars of the night.

I think the whole affair would be better served with real people in the audience that have really done somehting for society. BUt then that wouldn't do for the cameras and the big Daily Mirror sponsorship.

Exactly, like the Gold Medalists from the Olympics, yes they too are inspirational, but theyve had their limelight, and rightly so, so just for once, we dont need to see Chris Hoy hold his medals, or drugs cheat Christine Onhurghu.

There was the milkman the foiled a robbery and stopped numerous crimes, yet we get Alan Carr take the piss out of him

We get a woman who is fighting breast cancer, and set up a charity inspiring thousands of women accross the country, raising £45million, yet we get Russel Brand telling a few jokes, and Paul O'Grady come up with some shit one liners.

Dont get me started on the crowd shot of Geri Halliwell shedding a tear :censored:

A great idea to recognise the public for great acts of heroism, but dont let the celebrities piss on their fire!!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Exactly, like the Gold Medalists from the Olympics, yes they too are inspirational, but theyve had their limelight, and rightly so, so just for once, we dont need to see Chris Hoy hold his medals, or drugs cheat Christine Onhurghu.

There was the milkman the foiled a robbery and stopped numerous crimes, yet we get Alan Carr take the piss out of him

We get a woman who is fighting breast cancer, and set up a charity inspiring thousands of women accross the country, raising £45million, yet we get Russel Brand telling a few jokes, and Paul O'Grady come up with some shit one liners.

Dont get me started on the crowd shot of Geri Halliwell shedding a tear :censored:

A great idea to recognise the public for great acts of heroism, but dont let the celebrities piss on their fire!!

Spot on Brett that's all i have to say on the issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here