Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride 2011

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's that time of year again. And this year they have moved for us which was rather nice of them.

So, will you be going? Or will the lure of the sailors further down the coast be too much?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shall we just bounce last year's thread and save ourselves the bother of having the same binfest all over again?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't think many will be going to the park at £13 or whatever it is. I'll pop along to St James Street in the evening but doubt it will be as busy as normal.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've been before and enjoyed it but I'll be buggered ( if that isn't an inappropriate phrase ! ) if I'm paying to enter a park whose upkeep is paid for by my council tax. It will either be Pompey or the allotment for the day and the current financial outlook suggests I'll be weeding !

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
No chance.....Seeing as I now reside in Barcelona. Think they should have to pay for it.............

See if the same number attend, very much doubt it.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
This type of event is galling me more and more tbh. Wherever you look in Btn/Hove throughout the year, organisations decend and put up barriers in public spaces, and then start charging for entrance to THEIR attraction. Without wishing to be accused of nimbyism and in full knowledge that tourism and being the collective toilet our lovely city descends into being for the benefit of out-of-town stag/hen do's is probably our only 'industry' now, it royally gets up my chicken :rant:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thank god they are charging for the party in the park bit. Will keep the pissed/drugged up kids away as cant see them shelling out £13 or whatever it is. Monies raised will Im sure contribute to the clean up after as well.

Me? Im off to Portsmouth.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
pride? in being promiscuous and taking lots of hard drugs and leaving a mess.......maybe should change the name to "ashamed."

not that i am homophobic at all, just seeing this "event" as it is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm not looking forward to it. Simply because I work in Preston Park and will have to deal with the consequences of the party. If the weather is nice, I think there will be quite a lot of people in my part of the park during the evening. I'd rather not have the finest park in Brighton turned into a shit heap. It is hard enough to keep control with drunken chavs smashing bottles, packets of lube and used condoms floating about as it is.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thank god they are charging for the party in the park bit. Will keep the pissed/drugged up kids away as cant see them shelling out £13 or whatever it is. Monies raised will Im sure contribute to the clean up after as well.

Me? Im off to Portsmouth.

till 6am?

You wanting a lift by the way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here