Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

prick throwing the ball into the crowd

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Did anyone else see this right at the end with a few minutes to go, can understand if we were winning. Got abit of stick from the southstand faithful:rant:

Our players were obviously trying to run down the clock, which was evident when Whing got upset with the ball boy for giving the ball too quickly. A draw today was almost like winning considering we played against 14.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Our coaches had told the players to run time down. I thought it was a good thing to do and there were no complaints around me in South stand Block G. A draw was a very good result to hang onto.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The coachs all turned around and praised him. A steward had to come over and pretend to repremand him, although they were laughing like the most of the stand around me.

Thought his technique was great the Carlise player went to catch the ball, at least the one ball in play rule worked.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought it was a great move by the supporter, don't understand how anyone could have a go at him for it.'

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
That was right in front of me and actually when the supporter caught it Fraser shouted at him to get rid of it. It was 'got rid of' in quite spectacular fashion. I thought it was pretty funny :)

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
O h well in the minority here i'll get me cloak:)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
O h well in the minority here i'll get me cloak:)

I think you were insinuating he was wasting our time and we could have scored a glorious winner with 10 men in injury time against the team at the top of the league, I personally was very happy with the 2-2 so it was Carlisle's time he wasted imho.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
That was right in front of me and actually when the supporter caught it Fraser shouted at him to get rid of it. It was 'got rid of' in quite spectacular fashion. I thought it was pretty funny :)

Agreed. Was clear we were running down the clock and was a brilliant throw. I was standing about 3 feet away from him and didn't here one complaint from anywhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think they should ban him just like they sacked that 40 year old ball boy who headed the ball into the crowd against Man City all those years ago.

:shrug::jester:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
And when the ball was finally delivered back onto the playing area, my colleague (a certain real ale loving gardener from Feltching village) gave it a bit more welly than was really needed........:)

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I was the 'prick' who threw the ball back into the crowd. Sten you obviously are shit at reading a game of football. It was the fifth minute of added time- only four were called. Carlisle were attacking and could have scored a winner. Whereas we had little or no chance of doing so. I justed acted on what the goalkeeping coach and Tommy Frazer were suggesting- thats all.

Last edited:

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
I was the 'prick' who threw the ball back into the crowd. Sten you obviously are shit at reading a game of football. It was the fifth minute of added time- only four were called. Carlisle were attacking and could have scored a winner. Whereas we had little or no chance of doing so. I justed acted on what the goalkeeping coach and Tommy Frazer were suggesting- thats all.

Fantastic.

Top work. :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here