Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pricing and the Albion

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The club is split into 2 financially:

Stadium & Adur training ground is almost entirely funded in effect by TB's amazingly generous loans.

The trading bit (everything else), is funded by us, corporate, advertising, TV and merchandising. If many fans personally are having a hard financial time, and many millions of folk in general are, they are perfectly within their rights to moan about hyper inflation in Amex pricing, and refrain from buying. Freedom of speech. Their moaning and cutting of spending, has zero impact on TB due to the above dichotemy.

Hopefully, no one is criticising TB is any shape or form.

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
Bozza and followers, you're naïve.

Thw financial support is a LOANED investment risk. The club will be sold upon promotion, don't kid yourselves.

Blooms a profiteerer, first and formost. He's no philathropist.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
My old man is doing his bit; just bought a double decker, packet of plain walkers and a small baguette for £7.60 in a 1901 club lounge. I'm sure he'll be bending over as he leaves later on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pricing has to be what the majority consider good value, otherwise people will eat elsewhere. Its a balancing act, last season was about right, this season its a bit high. Put a bit on every year and folk don't notice, whack it too much in one go and they do.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
VIEW ONE
Anybody who has ever said "it's not the fans' fault" whenever a club gets into trouble, or who has ever said "where are the new signings?" cannot complain about the price increases. You don't want your club to go bust? You want us to be able to compete in this division? Then pay the increased prices and shut the f*** up.

VIEW TWO
BUT ..... as has been pointed out money is tight and with so many things going up at well over the rate of inflation something has to give. Are the club at risk of killing the golden goose or alienating poorer supporters?

With regard to the second point we might well say they shouldn't shamelessly milk the fans, but when the club say there are big changes happening off the pitch as well as on it perhaps there's more to that than meets the eye. On the playing side they want to replace the League One players with those who are more comfortable playing at a higher level; maybe off the pitch they want to replace the 'League One' fans with those who are more comfortable paying at a higher level.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
spanking new stadium with probably the best team assembled in the last 15-odd yrs and peeps are moaning about a 30p increase in the price of a pint maybe we should go back to Withdean

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Chatting to a couple of WSL and they said that the service was appalling (as in trying to get served) and they are gagging for a pint or two and wouldnt notice the increase. Only that the kronenbourg was missing...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What this doesn't mean though, is that we should accept a poor quality product or service. Gripes on that level are always valid and I'm sure the club will always be receptive as to how things can be improved. But people need to understand that "improved" does not always mean "made cheaper".

and "gaining more revenue" does not always mean "raise all the prices alot". 50p here, £1 there, it means the typical punter is likly going to cut something overall. some might buy a programme and skip the beer, or vice versa, couple of lads used to stop for three beers make it two, another group say sod it will stay in the pub until 2:30, get the last train miss it turn up too late to get a pie... perceptions of pricing are often more important than the actual pricing. often people can afford 50p more, they just dont want to spend it. the smart card has the same % increase prices with it. we'll see, might be a lot of talk and most people carry on with their same habits and the club benefit. i just reckon the increases are too much in one step for alot to absorb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here