Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Previous Argyle directors trying to unsettle the boat :-(

Greengulls1

Sep 21, 2011
News coming out of Argyle is that Stapleton Wrathell and Gill are trying to sort a deal with Lombard which would ruin Brents deal. Just as things looked sorted 3 of the 7 that puts us in this mess are trying to gain from from it again. This is a real blow....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they scupper the Brent deal will they financially benefit from the club's demise ? I am assuming that if the Brent deal goes through they will end up with nothing. Archer , Stanley and Bellotti changed the articles of association within the constitutional rules at BHAFC which meant that if the club folded any assets that remained would have gone to A S & B instead of being divvied up between local and county sports organisations in Sussex.

Greengulls1

Sep 21, 2011
They are trying to do a deal with Lombard that way they will benefit. I'm not too clues up as yet but it's rattled many cages already.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Build a bonfire,build a bonfire....put Stapleton on the top,put Wrathell & Gill in the middle...and burn the f****ng lot!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
The fans need to make it clear that their presence is unwelcome (if that, indeed, is what is best for PAFC).

Put their heads on clown bodies and parade through town - with local media in attendance. Or set up a fundraising coconut shy with their heads on the coconuts. :)

But don't sit wringing your hands and let them get away with it!

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
From what I understand, the Brent deal gives Lombard who hold first charge on the mortgage £X amount of pounds. The amount X is short of what Lombard are actually owed. The guarantors of the loan where some of the previous board. Lombard will then chase the guarantors to make up the difference.

So, the previous board appear to be pooping themselves about having to pay out a significant sum of money. Serves them right. They chased the pound signs a few years ago, failed, and now have to face the consequences of their actions.

It looks as though Stapleton (ex Chairman and an accountant!!) is trying to de rail the Brent bid buy getting a bid together of his own.

It now becomes clear who was behind Heaneys consortium. The company that Heaney set up as a vehicle to buy Argyle was even registered at Stapletons accountancy firm.

The latest development is that Heaney is back as well. It looks as though Heaney is going to be the one putting up the money for Stapletons bid. Stapleton hasn't got any money of his own.......although, he could afford a nice holiday to Dubai when all this kicked off last year and the staff went the first month without pay. It prompted the most mind numblingly stupid comment from Mrs Stapleton something along the lines of.... Paul (Stapleton) has been working really hard on the phone, to sort things out whilst we are on holiday. He hasn't even had time to go in the sea yet.

You really couldn't make it up.

Just when we thought the finishing line was approaching, with Brent at the helm, the ex board come in to try and protect their own pockets.

One other point is that nothing has been uttered by Ridsdale yet. I don't trust that man one bit. It really wouldn't surprise me if he is up to his armpits in getting Heaney/Stapleton back in the picture.

A fair bit of self moderating in that post.....trying to keep my language acceptable!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It would help if you could get Plymouth city council to declare that the ground would not be available for redevelopment for anything but Plymouth Argyle. I believe that Lady Astor left it in covenant that it would be used for sporting facilities only. That way the property developers would be discouraged from putting their money into a bid. The main problem with that is that you're relying on councillors. As Ernest and hillian have said, it's time for direct action from the Argyle supporters. It was the only way that the Albion survived in the long run. Demonstrate, visit the homes of people involved, peaceably, and make it as publicly known as you can.

It would help if you could get Plymouth city council to declare that the ground would not be available for redevelopment for anything but Plymouth Argyle. I believe that Lady Astor left it in covenant that it would be used for sporting facilities only. That way the property developers would be discouraged from putting their money into a bid. The main problem with that is that you're relying on councillors. As Ernest and hillian have said, it's time for direct action from the Argyle supporters. It was the only way that the Albion survived in the long run. Demonstrate, visit the homes of people involved, peaceably, and make it as publicly known as you can.

That is a very good point, has anyone checked that the covenant is still relevant.
as I recall we had something similar but Paul Samarah checked and the articles had been changed.

Get a copy of Build a Bonfire, it will give you inspiration, Do SOMETHING, ANYTHING hire Atilla if needed,but start to get the ball rolling before it's too late.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I agree. Get militant. If these guys know that they can't go to the ground with out being egged, that their wives can't go shopping without protests, that their houses are being picketed, they will think twice.

Greengulls1

Sep 21, 2011
That's what I meant :) . So many fickle fans sat doing nothing it's frustrating when you see the effort of the Brighton fans etc the other week.

That's what I meant :) . So many fickle fans sat doing nothing it's frustrating when you see the effort of the Brighton fans etc the other week.

Then use the example set by the Fans of other clubs, fans that cared enough to give up their Saturday and travel hundreds of miles to lend their support.

Use it as the springboard for YOUR campaign. For us, Fans United was the culmentation of what had already been a long and very drawn out campaign to get exposure in the Media to highlight what was going on. For you It seems to be the start, and I fear it may be too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here