Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Preston Park Firework Display Postponed Until Friday 8th November

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Does that no longer happen?

We had so much fun making the fires as well, including a night time visit to the wharf side next to Silver Sands to 'acquire' our central planks for the structure, beachcombing for wood, and traipsing round the local houses for old fences and the like to burn.

Such memories.

Bonfires were great, as much as I like the occasional decent firework, it is basically burning money. I won't waste mine on them, but the challenge of a bonfire and legitimately, or otherwise .'acquiring' wood to use was the best bit. We lived on a house boat so most wood was also fuel for log burners and an Aga, but my step dad ran the tool hire shop, and was on good terms with the guys at the wharf who made roof trusses . . . .we used to get a van load of angled off cuts every month!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Each to their own. I did it all in my younger years, but my priorities have now realigned. I would rather staple my foreskin to Daniel Radcliffe than go to a firework display.

Time with grandchildren and particularly when they are enjoying themselves is priceless....still if you decide to go the Radcliffe route don’t forget to take pics :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here