Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Present

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Hello.

In just over a month, it will be my 21st birthday. Having already decided to get a netbook to help with my dissertation next year, I feel I should get something 'permanent', as everyone seems to at this significant age eg a watch. Maybe I should go for a different kind of jewellery? Can the collective minds of Nsc help me out on this one? :bigwave:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My parents bought me a watch (although I don't wear it regularly, special occasions only), my grandparents bought me a St Christopher necklace, as they'd done for each of their children before me at the same age and have continued to do for their younger grandchildren

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
My parents bought me a watch (although I don't wear it regularly, special occasions only), my grandparents bought me a St Christopher necklace, as they'd done for each of their children before me at the same age and have continued to do for their younger grandchildren

See thats what I mean, everyone else seem to have some kind of TRADITION that doesn't seem to exist in my family! Is it the done thing to get some jewellery?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
See thats what I mean, everyone else seem to have some kind of TRADITION that doesn't seem to exist in my family! Is it the done thing to get some jewellery?

Not necessarily jewellery, just something that can be kept as a permanent thing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yeah, but what else other than jewellery (and a tattoo) would be a nice, permanent addition to my possessions?! (This is addressed to the whole board, not just the very helpful Frutos!)

Perhaps you could ask them to get you a signed something or other from a favourite footballer/actor/band etc...?

For my b'day a couple of years ago (not my 21st), and through a friend of my Dad's who worked at Chelsea, I got a Barca shirt signed by Ronaldinho when Barca were over for a Champions League game. It hangs very proudly on my wall next to the signed Kerry Mayo and Alexandre Frutos shirts.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Saved for ages and bought myself a Rolex for my 21st- only item of jewellery i own and having turned 41 4 days ago it reminds me of how life flies by !!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Do you get 18th and 21st presents now? Serious question.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Do you get 18th and 21st presents now? Serious question.

I did, and we do tend to in my family, not sure about others.

I got the aforementioned watch for my 21st and a ring for my 18th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here