Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Present for The President

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We would like to arrange the 'thank you' gift for Dick to be presented on July 5th at Donatello's (current paid-for bookings so far = 1 :glare: ), and we'd still like some (sensible) ideas. We did come up with a stormer last week which ended up falling flat on its face, sadly.

It looks like through NSC's excellent generosity, we will have in excess of £1,000 to spend, so ideas would be very welcome, whether its for one present, or several small ones.

We have to get moving on this.

Please.

D

Deleted User X18H

Although I share the obvious sentiment! Given the current economic climate it is a bit of a peculiar situation to want to pay to have dinner with a millionaire and to give him an expensive gift!!!!

Although I share the obvious sentiment! Given the current economic climate it is a bit of a peculiar situation to want to pay to have dinner with a millionaire and to give him an expensive gift!!!!
What a ridiculous comment. The money for DK's gift has already been collected. The question is what it should be spent on.

As for the price of the evening in Donatello's ... it's £25 a head for a three-course meal and a half bottle of house wine or two bottles of beer. Not a bank-breaker.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Some kind of plaque, perhaps with the North Stand Chat logo embossed with a nice thank you message?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is there any way to get someone to make a model of falmer for him, or some framed picture of it? Perhaps some sort of collage from Goldstone, via priestfield and withdean to falmer? Some piece of art symbolic of what he has given us?

Gift vouchers for debenhams?
A gigantic replica shirt signed by the fans (as opposed to replica shirts signed by the team)?
Could the £1000 finance a campaign for a DK statue at The ( ;) ) Falmer stadium?
Plaque?
Trophy?

Does anyone know of any particular interest? (If he is into poetry or a particular poet perhaps a first edition of that poet's work, or same for a novel, or a particular musicians original vinyl album (and perhaps a record player just in case))

Perhaps some sort of monument for his wife - he did so much for the love our life, we could do something for his)?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
An inscribed plaque with a list of his back slappers on and a wallet that he can put the money in that he got for his shares. If it wasnt very much he would only need a small wallet.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It might surprise you to know, TLO, that I have contributed to this on the basis of DK's outstanding contribution to saving the club and getting the stadium, despite one or two differences we may have had about his suitability to take us forward over the past couple of years. Anyway, I've been proved right about all that now, so can afford to be generous...:lolol:

Is it too late to rustle up some sort of bronze seagull? Bit obvious, but that's what it's all about - saving the club. As little extras you could have some kind of framed poem about overcoming adversity, or even a fancy pair of scissors for cutting the ribbon and opening the bloody thing (I assume he'll be doing it? Maybe Bloom will grab that glory...)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is he The President? I thought that he had been made a Life Vice President.

On the Club Website it states Life President HR Knight but I am fairly certain in my youth the Life President was the Duke of Norfolk or some such similar dignitary but I may be wrong I am sure somebody will help me out.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I still rekon you can't go wrong with wine as part of it, find out what he likes and get a couple of bottles from a shit-hot vintage, there must be a few wine buffs on here.

Other than that i think Acker79 is on the right lines with the special interest thing. We need some insider knowledge on this really.

I would be very wary of spending too much on tat such a plaques etc

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wine from the significant years of his tenure might be good, if a little transient.

You can never have too many watches - a decent time piece inscribed - obvious but useful (unlike a giant albion shirt).

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Maybe everyone should contribute the next logical phase up from HINEY ART, and make DICK ART, we then put it together and print it off and whack it in a £1000 frame :dunce:

If not, then maybe some gift vouchers for a travel agency, and he can go away on holiday and take a well deserved break somewhere exotic.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A large reproduction of the iconic Sgt Peppers album cover but with faces of all the influential figures from the Albion over his reign on it.

I saw this done for a friends leaving gift some while ago and it was a MASSIVE hit. Would take a bit of doing to collate all the pics but it is very impactful and personal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here