Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiersh1te Loyalty

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watching Villa v Wigan on MOTD and as soon as a Wigan went two up loads of Villa fans just get up and walk out.

Fecking disgraceful :angry: :angry: :angry:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Happens all the time.

We were 5-0 down at Highbury, Henry scored a hattrick and his 250th goal for the club and as soon as the 5th hit the net - about 65mins the other half of the Clock End rose to their feet and left. Was most bizarre.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Beach Hut said:
Just watching Villa v Wigan on MOTD and as soon as a Wigan went two up loads of Villa fans just get up and walk out.

Fecking disgraceful :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yes because noone leaves withdean early :rolleyes:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Re: Re: Premiersh1te Loyalty

KinkyGoebels said:
Yes because noone leaves withdean early :rolleyes:

Yeah but not that early. Dunno about the Wigan Vs Villa game but in reference to the Arsenal game that is well bad. Can you imagine Brighton being 5-0 up and hundreds of home fans leaving after 65 mins? It just wouldnt happen.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Premiersh1te Loyalty

chez said:
Yeah but not that early. Dunno about the Wigan Vs Villa game but in reference to the Arsenal game that is well bad. Can you imagine Brighton being 5-0 up and hundreds of home fans leaving after 65 mins? It just wouldnt happen.
Plymouth it did - Palace it did - bollocks it doesnt happen - loads of people in ground missed the pen shoot out in play offs because they left early

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Re: Re: Re: Re: Premiersh1te Loyalty

KinkyGoebels said:
Plymouth it did - Palace it did - bollocks it doesnt happen - loads of people in ground missed the pen shoot out in play offs because they left early

Erm, what about the SWINDON play off game when loads of people had left and only heard about VIRG's winner on the radio when they got home?

Now that was fecking disgraceful!

sleepynick

Sep 1, 2004
Saigon, Vietnam
Maybe I'm stupid, but why do people leave withdean early?

Just to try and beat the traffic and get home that little bit earlier - its pathetic.

Especially when so many goals are scored in the last few minutes.

:nono:

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
sleepynick said:
Maybe I'm stupid, but why do people leave withdean early?

Just to try and beat the traffic and get home that little bit earlier - its pathetic.

Especially when so many goals are scored in the last few minutes.

:nono:

The 90th minute often lasts 3 or 4 minutes...:jester:

This is the result when you have a stadium reliant on the fans getting there by public transport...people WILL leave early to make the bus or train. This will ALSO happen at Falmer.

Yes it's sad, it's pathetic and you would've THOUGHT people had learned to stay after Virgo's goal v Swindon but NO.

I always stay until the bitter end, even when we've been thumped...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Premiersh1te Loyalty

KinkyGoebels said:
[B pen shoot out in play offs because they left early [/B]

That just shows how stupid people are, i mean i was standing right by the goal he scored in so had left my seat but had no intention of leaving till the final whistle. We were shit that day and deserved nothing out of that game. Just proves that in football its not over till the fat lady sings, just cant understand why people leave early.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
People pay their own money to go and watch a game, if they want to leave at half time, it's up to them.

I can't understand what gives you the right to call people sad and pathetic...it's their own choice to leave early, not yours.

And, BTW i always stay to the end.....except for one game at the Boleyn last season when we played Sheff Utd. We were sooooo bad that i left with 20 minutes to go at 0-2 down. I've seen better under 10 games :angry:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Premiersh1te Loyalty

DAMANCLAY said:
That just shows how stupid people are, i mean i was standing right by the goal he scored in so had left my seat but had no intention of leaving till the final whistle. We were shit that day and deserved nothing out of that game. Just proves that in football its not over till the fat lady sings, just cant understand why people leave early.

There was tales of 100 or so people sitting on the bus listening to it on the radio.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Downloaded Penguin said:
Erm, what about the SWINDON play off game when loads of people had left and only heard about VIRG's winner on the radio when they got home?

Now that was fecking disgraceful!

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. To be fair the weather was atrocious that night. We were all thoroughly soaked right through to our skin.
I can understand it especially when you have a way to travel and get up for work in the morning (it was a Thursday night)

Having said that I have only left early once, when England were playing and we raced for the train so that we could get into the Font before the hoards (only to see Beckham ruin a penalty and missed seeing Leon get one at Withdean)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
But the example given was that Arenal were 5-0 UP and their fans left. I can't imagine many would leave if we were 5-0 up.

I'll have a look around at the Palace game then.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Premiersh1te Loyalty

Yorkie said:
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. To be fair the weather was atrocious that night. We were all thoroughly soaked right through to our skin.
I can understand it especially when you have a way to travel and get up for work in the morning (it was a Thursday night)

It was a horrible night and most people had to get up for work the next day. But i just couldn't bring myself to leave, yes we were poor and yes i was soaked and had to get up for work at 0630 but it was only 1 goal. Only takes a second to score a goal surely 3 Minutes does not make a huge difference to the time everyone will get home? When theres only one goal in it i dont see the point of leaving that 3 mins early theres a ton of golas in the last 3 mins and knowing how the play offs had gone that season, anything could of happened.

But when were getting spanked 5-0, Thats a bit different.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
People have every right to leave whenever they want - it's just downright fecking annoying when everybody who wants to stay have to get out of their seats to let them through.

Maybe they should dedicate a stand to those that have to get back for Ant and Dec's Saturday Night show. Right by the gates so they can escape without disturbing too many others.

D

Drips

nail-Z-gull said:

Maybe they should dedicate a stand to those that have to get back for Ant and Dec's Saturday Night show. Right by the gates so they can escape without disturbing too many others.

But you'd need:
a leave early smoking & swearing section,
a leave early smoking & non swearing section,
a leave early non smoking & swearing section and
a leave early non smoking & non swearing section :p
And thats assuming non of them want to sing :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here