Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League launches new twitter account for live refereeing and VAR clarifications

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As per the PL announcement:-

VAR.jpg

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
So we have to sign into twitter at a match to see what the VAR is about? We just want to see on the screens in the stadium where they're drawing their lines & what they're looking at!! It's the PL that won't allow it! Will they allow the twitter feed to be shown on screens instead??

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Any chance we can sign Elon Musk up as Albion+ ?

Within a few weeks he’ll stick his oar in, create such a shit storm every time something goes against us so in turn we’ll get every decision and win the league

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A) I don't look at X unless it's posted here.

B) I really don't care why the VAR f***ed it up, that will only make me more annoyed. I want the VAR to stop making incomprehensible wrong decisions or confirming same from the ref due to some random level of bar. I want an end to decisions that the whole stadium can see are wrong.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So we have to sign into twitter at a match to see what the VAR is about? We just want to see on the screens in the stadium where they're drawing their lines & what they're looking at!! It's the PL that won't allow it! Will they allow the twitter feed to be shown on screens instead??
You don't need to sign into Twitter to look.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Howard Webb said decisions will be put on the screens. Great, what about shithouses like Old Trafford and Anfield. No chance of seeing why they have decided the obvious penalty is not given to the away team.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Click the link to the account, the platform formerly functional as twitter won't let you see anything unless you create an account / log in.

f*** that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Click the link to the account, the platform formerly functional as twitter won't let you see anything unless you create an account / log in.

f*** that.
If you search Brighton and hove Albion from Google and include Twitter you'll be able to see tweets you can click on. Only lets you see the initial tweet and it's clunky and far from ideal but does work.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
You don't need to sign into Twitter to look.
We shouldn't have to look at anything on social media to know whats happening in real time. It should be shown at the ground. Everyone at home can see what's happening. I'm saying that as someone who often watches on a slow flowing body of water rather than in the ground. Why should those who are actually there be kept in the dark as to what's happening?
I'm just quoting you, my question is not actually at you, unless you work for the PL. 🙂

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't think that's going to go as intended for the Premier League.

Posts and video clips from that account will be mocked and ridiculed every single week, gaffe after gaffe.
It's not going to improve the quality or consitency of decisions, nor improve the transparancy or communication with fans at the stadium.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
I don't think that's going to go as intended for the Premier League.

Posts and video clips from that account will be mocked and ridiculed every single week, gaffe after gaffe.
It's not going to improve the quality or consitency of decisions, nor improve the transparancy or communication with fans at the stadium.

I agee. They're giving the VAR team more work to do; let's hope it doesn't affect their concentration 🫣.
The only hope is that it makes it even clearer how poor the officiating often is, meaning something more effective has to be done about it.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Why should those who are actually there be kept in the dark as to what's happening?
IFAB demands that no replays are shown on the big screen before a final decision is made, because it puts additional pressure on the ref to do what (usually) the home crowd wants.

In general, globally - and VAR or no VAR - they usually avoid showing controversial decisions on the big screen as it can cause violence or people throwing things on the pitch etc.

Anyway, there are a certain type of people who think the game is more about refs than footballers and I'm sure they'll enjoy getting upset by this new X account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here