Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pregnant woman stabbed to death in Grimsby Street

Thought I'd get this in before SoG and RMT. Wouldn't happen in Mansfield!

A pregnant woman in her 20s has been stabbed to death in an attack in a street in Grimsby.

Humberside police were called after reports of a serious assault in Victoria Street South just before 1600 BST on Sunday.

The woman, who was from Grimsby, was taken to the Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital where she died.

A 53-year-old local man was arrested in connection with the incident and police are appealing for witnesses.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
what the f*** who would do such a thing?

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
:rant: What is wrong with this country? Bring Back Death Sentence via Torture

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The Yanks can always do 'better'.

A 28-year-old Oregon woman has been charged with murder after the body of a new mother was found in the crawl space of her home.

Police released a photo of Korena Roberts, who is charged with murder.

Rescue crews first went to Korena Roberts' home in Washington County on Friday in response to a call of a newborn in distress. They found Roberts' boyfriend unsuccessfully trying to revive the baby using first-aid techniques.

Roberts told deputies the baby was hers, the county sheriff's office said. Medics noticed a lot of blood at the home, and sent Roberts and the baby to a hospital.

"Doctors at the hospital were not able to revive the baby," said Sgt. David Thompson of the Washington County Sheriff's Office in a news release. "They also discovered that Ms. Roberts had not delivered a child at anytime in the recent past."

Deputies returned to the home, where they found the body of 21-year-old Heather Snively in the crawl space under the kitchen, Thompson said.

Authorities learned Snively had been pregnant at the time she was attacked, and they determined she was the mother of the infant.

An autopsy will now determine how the baby was delivered, and whether he died before or after birth, Thompson said.

The outcome could result in another murder charge for Roberts, deputies said.

Residents in the woman's Mill Creek Drive neighborhood said Roberts had told them she was expecting a child, according to CNN affiliate KPTV.

"She didn't appear to be pregnant to us," neighbor Doug King told KPTV.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
We live in a sick world :down:

True.

A 17-year-old Louisiana man faces first-degree murder and aggravated rape charges in the beating death of his girlfriend's 8-month-old son, police said.

Arnold T. Ross, 17, is facing murder charges for the death of an 8-month-old in his care, police say.

Authorities responding to a call of an unresponsive infant Saturday found the body of 8-month-old Da-Von Lonzo in an apartment near Gretna, Louisiana, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The baby was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The medical examiner ruled the boy's death a homicide, noting that his body had multiple fractures consistent with being beaten. The child also had tears in his rectum, police said.

In an interview, the teen, Arnold T. Ross, initially told authorities Da-Von fell down the stairs and stopped breathing while he was baby-sitting him. But a neighbor reported hearing loud noises coming from the apartment, and investigators noted inconsistencies in Ross's statement, according to the sheriff's office.

Ross later admitted that Da-Von began to cry while he was watching him, police said, and "confessed to beating the infant repeatedly. According to Ross, the child began to defecate on himself. Ross claims he placed his fingers inside the infant's rectum in an attempt to clean up the child."

Under Louisiana law, a 17-year-old can be charged as an adult, according to Col. John Fortunato, spokesman for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reported Sunday that people charged with first-degree murder cannot receive a bond.

Ross has a lengthy criminal history, police said, including arrests on drug possession charges; obscenity; battery on a correctional officer; three counts of battery on a school teacher; theft; weapons charges; and assault.

It was unclear Sunday if Ross had been convicted of any of those charges.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
im sure the people of this world wern t meant to be so aggresive to their fellow humans ?? :eek:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
That is absolutely disgusting, just like the torture of those french students. When is the goverment going to get tough, when, and if you commit a crime you pay for the crime.

This is one reason why I shall I be packing my bags and getting out this country one day. This country is not safe anymore. I hope I am not generalizing here, but I feel people are becoming more aggressive and pushy.

Everyone seems to be in rush and general manners and how to be behave have gone completely out of the window. Does anyone else feel the same?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
That is absolutely disgusting, just like the torture of those french students. When is the goverment going to get tough, when, and if you commit a crime you pay for the crime.

This is one reason why I shall I be packing my bags and getting out this country one day. This country is not safe anymore. I hope I am not generalizing here, but I feel people are becoming more aggressive and pushy.

Everyone seems to be in rush and general manners and how to be behave have gone completely out of the window. Does anyone else feel the same?

the law in this country is an ass im afraid, one of the reasons i never vote, every party leader comes out with the same ole lies and garbage."we will get tough on crime" what a joke, dont think brown & co understand the word tough.. jail is in this country is just like a holiday home, thats why so many re-offend cause they know they will get a pittance sentance and jail is so cushy... bring back the death sentance, and a 3 strikes and your out life no parole policy for persitance petty offenders..all the do- gooders will say im far to harsh, but sorry, the current system of dealing with crimminals we have is failing the victims ...:thumbsup:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
what the f*** who would do such a thing?

A jealous lover; an aggrieved ex; a mental patient; an angry parent; a psychopath; a knife owner.. .. .. oh sorry, my bad, it was a rhetorical question :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here