Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What would you go for? Assuming that the HAWK is not in contention of course

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Virgs and Elphick. But I expect Tunnicliffe to be keeping them both on their toes.

Nice to have competition at last.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Virgo and Elphick were brilliant in the run in last season, so why break it up. BUT, JaTu is all MAN so he deserves a go. We could use his long throws to feed the giant Dick upfront

Attachments

• jutu.jpg
    jutu.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 199

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Virgs and Elphick. But I expect Tunnicliffe to be keeping them both on their toes.

Nice to have competition at last.

I think Tommy's place is most at risk. JT looked a little slow in a couple of friendlies but against a big centre forward may be the better choice.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Virgo and Elphick were brilliant in the run in last season, so why break it up. BUT, JaTu is all MAN so he deserves a go. We could use his long throws to feed the giant Dick upfront

Does he normally struggle so much with putting clothes on?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think that photo of JT may have replaced the fading one of Terry Connor on someone's bedroom WALL Brett!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I think waching RS juggle the back line, for me easily the area with Albion's most talent, will be fascinating this season. I've yet to watch Tunnicliffe in action, Virgo's position should be as safe as Whing's, Wright at LB until McNulty is back 100% - another headache when it happens. So, Elphick could be at most risk, but oddly enough he's my favourite Albion defender, perhaps player, as he has the potential to be better than all those fighting for a spot in the back four, in my humble opinion of course.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Elphick could be at most risk, but oddly enough he's my favourite Albion defender, perhaps player, as he has the potential to be better than all those fighting for a spot in the back four, in my humble opinion of course.

I thought that Tommy deserved being player of the season a couple of years ago, but struggled last year, whether that is due to not having Tank alongside him, or injury, or another reason, I couldn't say.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I agree he has it all to prove this season, but not many of the boys still left from last season can look back on it with much pleasure, perhaps one G Hart can

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Have secured my ticket in D block for Walsall and am looking forward to seeing some of these new chaps in the flesh (although not in the way Mendoza might be).

Hard for me to say who is best, but I know Virgo and Elphick are potentially an immense L1 partnership, so I'm going for them. I've got the impression that Tunny is a little slow?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I've gone Virgo/Elphick on the basis that they were both immense at the end of last season. Shows you what playing Virgs in his correct position does! Why could Adams not see this?

Having Tunnicliffe and now J. Wright hopefully means the Hawk and El-Abd won't play at CB this season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just desperately hope we can get a SETTLED back four this season, being as I think above all else, the turnover of personnel in defence was the primary factor in our utterly DISMAL season last year.

Get it right at the back and the rest tends to follow. I've not seen the new guys yet so I can't offer a definite opinion, but hopefully Slade will quickly work out his optimum CB partnership and which fullbacks combine best, and for them all to forge a solid UNIT with the keeper. We've missed that for a few years now.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Elphick and Virgo. But I predict that Tunnicliffe will seriously impress when given a chance (that he'll inevitably get with our injury luck), raising questions over whether he should be starting.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hawkins and El Abd...

...or Virgo and Elphick - either combination will do for me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
El-Abd and Hawkins. :jester:

Virgo and Elphick, it has to be. They seem to suit each other, it just works. Tunnicliffe is looking like a good signing aswell, which is good.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Having not seen Tunnicliffe play, I am going for the safe option of Virgo and Elphick, which did so well at the end of last season. Hopefully, Tunnicliffe will get his chance though so we can see his long throws into the area.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As none of us have actually seen Jake Wright or Tunnicliffe play a competitive game, its probably better if Slade decides on this...

* expect Virgo and Elphick to start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here