Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre season - Torquay United - July 28th

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Sorry if this is old news, i noticed we are away at TU on July 28th....

Gulls announce pre-season fixtures
By Gulls Reporter - 26/05/2009 17:53
Torquay United have unveiled their plans for pre-season preparations, following their successful promotion back to the Football League...

Gulls manager Paul Buckle has been quick to address the club's pre-season schedule, now that Torquay United have made it back into the Football League following their Wembley success 10 days ago when beating Cambridge United 0-2 in the Blue Square play-off final.

After a two year abstainence from the professional leagues, United are back in the big time and looking forward to making a success upon their return by securing a clutch of home friendly games against Football League opposition in the build up to the League Two campaign commencing in August.

However, the Gulls will be begin their pre-season fixtures with an away game at non-league neighbours from the South West Peninsula Premier League when Buckland Athletic will host Paul Buckle's side on July 9 (7.30pm).

The four other fixtures announced will all be home games against Football League opposition in the guise of Plymouth Argyle on July 15 (7.45pm), Bristol Rovers on July 18 (3pm), Derby County on July 23 (7.45pm) and finally Brighton & Hove Albion on July 28 (7.45pm).

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Torquay, Stevenage and Crawley so far then, along with our usual string of local teams.

most the local games have gone with the possible exeption of eastbourne.

Russell doesnt want to play anyone below the conferance.

AFC wimbledon will be confirmed this week as will havant.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bar Crawley so far not sure any of those games are worth the trip

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
was hoping this was gonna happen with russ in charge a pre season game for the westcountry seagulls !

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
i really enjoy the worthing friendly hope they still play that, it's the only game my ma goes to (she's not a footy fan) but really enjoys this day out.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I thought we only played Worthing because their let our reserves play at Woodside Road? Presumably now that they use the Dripping Pan instead, we'll not be playing them any more?

think Barry Lloyd is still trying to work something out, but looks very unlikely that the TRADITION of the worthing friendly will continue this year. Put this to insider but have got bugger all back from him on it :censored:

Don't think it was to do with the Reserves playing at Woodside until last season

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
think Barry Lloyd is still trying to work something out, but looks very unlikely that the TRADITION of the worthing friendly will continue this year. Put this to insider but have got bugger all back from him on it :censored:

Don't think it was to do with the Reserves playing at Woodside until last season

Is it really that important to you that we play a local non league team? Personally would like to Burgess Hill again but not fussed if Slade wants better oppo to play before the season

Is it really that important to you that we play a local non league team? Personally would like to Burgess Hill again but not fussed if Slade wants better oppo to play before the season

If you haven't already noticed from my postings before, I am primarily a Worthing fan, due to the fact that as a student struggling to find part time work that Brighton's prices are out of my league.

The Brighton friendly provides a team like us with an oppurtunity to play a team at Albion's level, with many supporters at non-league being albion fans also. Is also a way for us to make a good amount of money in these economic times.

We talk about the bigger clubs helping out the small ones financially, and this is one way of doing this, and also provides many with a day out on the terraces rather than cooped in the atmospherically challenged Shitdean!!

Plus we did have the reserves at ours for many years, and has been a tradition for years.

Burgess Hill are a pathetic excuse for a club, crap ground (in non-league terms) and a Nasty bunch of fans (in the most, the violent hooligans have been all but eradicated). County league outfit punching above their weight IMO!!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
If we cant have a home game on 1st august why not the night before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here