Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre Match Warm Up!

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
I am concered that our pre match warm up is (to say the least) a little unprofessional! I was right infront of the Preston team as they warmed up and they were much more pro than us! Has anyoen else noticed we look like a bit of a pub team during our warm up?

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I remember we had an extravegant warm up in the dark days when we were struggling at the bottom of the 2nd division, so I don't think there is a direct correlation between warm up and success! I think our main problem is the players aren't good enough!

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
No No No you misunderstand me!
I think the players ARE good enough I just think pscholoically and physically surley a slightly more professional warm up would help the players focus, espacially as they are all young and as a result sometimes lose a bit of focus and confidence!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
what were the brighton players doing in the warm up that made them look unprofessional?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am actually more concered about the subs half time fun session. Isnt it better for them to be in the dressing room hearing the second half tactics rather than playing the hit the cross bar competition.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Personally I think 2 x 45 minutes is enough time to concentrate. The purpose of a warmup is to preventing injuries, so long as the warmup is effective in doing that, it can as professional or unprofessional as it likes.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
a warm up is designed to prepare your body and mind for the game ahead, and to reach your steady state so you are functioning aerobically rather than anaerobically. if you go into a football match without having warmed up, you are going to be a slow starter because you are running on anaerobic fitness for the first 3 minutes

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
i think the warm up is good and effective for the boys, the passing and first touch drills worked well at the weekend. Our best performamce for a while...and i feel some hope :clap2:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Why don't they just all stand in the box, have one bloke crossing the ball & everyone trying to head it. If none of the players fancy it they can stand behind the goal having a quick ciggy & fetching the balls that miss the net!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
smudge said:
Why don't they just all stand in the box, have one bloke crossing the ball & everyone trying to head it. If none of the players fancy it they can stand behind the goal having a quick ciggy & fetching the balls that miss the net!

I thought that was the secret training regime of thew REMF team,

its blown its cover now !

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Barnet Seagull said:
Personally I think 2 x 45 minutes is enough time to concentrate. The purpose of a warmup is to preventing injuries, so long as the warmup is effective in doing that, it can as professional or unprofessional as it likes.

HOW DARE YOU!!!!The crossbar challenge is an amazing game and I always win during training at my team.The trick is to place it,just place it wide to the right if you're right footed and guide it onto the crossbar by curling it!Although yes,a valid point.The prematch warm is for warming up and not pulling a muscle during the game,but some of the players are better off not doing it!I saw Kerry Mayo attempting them once and my nan can do them better!

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
A good pre match warm up is 6 pints and play some pool at the Tap.............Well it works for me:drink: :drink: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here