Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pre match drinking at the amex

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
been a few discussions on here about where people are going to be drinking before a match .
i havent made my mind up yet but i gather it will be just all the pubs along lewes road ?

where are you going to be drinking and what do we think will become the 'main' albion pub

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
You would think the studenty pubs like The Bear, The Gladstone and The Lecturn would do quite well on Lewes Road, being near the bus route

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No one thinking of showing up at the amex early and drinking there, then?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So much depends on parking for me. I've got to drive down and still no idea where I'll be parking and not seen anything on the P&R scheme yet. It might be that I drive down to Hassocks and jump on a train there or drive in to Lewes and train from there but I've got a feeling that trains are going to be a bit of a nightmare. Was thinking of making a recce of the area beforehand but I guess everything in the area will change on match days so prob not worth it - oops is that a hijacked thread? Soz!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
i would predict a complete mix of the stadium,town centre,lewes road,Lewes and peoples locals who are putting on buses etc

this sounds good , the whole of brighton covered with fans every other saturday :drool:

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
What about post match drinking? Am I right in thinking you will be able to stay in the ground and watch the 5pm kick off games and have a few beers?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm thinking the pubs either side of London Road station. Not footballing pubs by any stretch of the imagination, in fact they're both a bit snotty, but heigh-ho, a man's gotta do... Unless the pre-match drinking at the ground turns out to be OK, that is.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agree
Any pub near Brighton Station. Albert or Nelson- Harveys there. The Foundry also good.
Will be avoiding Hikers. Used to go there as a student and not the friendliest of places.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
So much depends on parking for me. I've got to drive down and still no idea where I'll be parking and not seen anything on the P&R scheme yet. It might be that I drive down to Hassocks and jump on a train there or drive in to Lewes and train from there but I've got a feeling that trains are going to be a bit of a nightmare. Was thinking of making a recce of the area beforehand but I guess everything in the area will change on match days so prob not worth it - oops is that a hijacked thread? Soz!

A thread about where will everyone drink :laugh:

Sep 1, 2010
:lolol:

Is cash OK? I also plan to pay a visit to the supporters bar in the northstand but can see this is going to be rammed, especially for the first few games.

I guess it is gonna be pretty full everywhere though tbh. I may need quite a few drinks to stop myself from being sick looking at the Bingo carpet

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I guess it is gonna be pretty full everywhere though tbh. I may need quite a few drinks to stop myself from being sick looking at the Bingo carpet

Oh Jesus. Is that carpet going everywhere? On every concourse? A couple of nights ago I had a magic carpet/Arabian Nights dream. It's all down to that poxy carpet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here