Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prague

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I'm off to Prague for a wedding in Spetember.............this is a wedding and not a stag do but we will be frequenting some bars and nightclubs. Has anyone got any good suggestions as where to go......I'm staying in the Old Town area !!!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The darling club. Take the wife/partner; they'll love it........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Worth popping over the river, great views etc.
But wander around some of the narrow streets on the old town side of the bridge, where there's some great little authentic bars/restaurants.

But our best find is a little harder to direct you too, as we'd always get hammered & not be able to find it the next day, but here goes:-

From Wenslas (sp) square, walk as if your going shopping, to the next parade of shops. Main feature is a 4 storey NewYorker shop, keep walking with that behind you & start looking to your right, hopefully you'll see a tiny alley with a little beer sign sticking out 1/2 way down.

It's very traditional, wooden etc but more importantly 30p a litre top quality beer, which is impossible to find in the centre of Prague.
They have the nerve to charge nearer 75p.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and don't forget to buy you Albion stacking wooden dolls. Unfortunately they will be the most expensive purchase, but you'll regret not buying them.

patbha

Sep 16, 2004
worthing
The stacking dolls are on offer at the moment as they are still selling of the ones with Leon Knight in the middle

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
patbha said:
The stacking dolls are on offer at the moment as they are still selling of the ones with Leon Knight in the middle

Knight, Chippy, Blayney, Butts, & OGH, are all staring down at me from the top shelf of my computer unit, as I type.

gull45

Mar 10, 2006
Marquis de Sade bar in Jewish Quarter is dead good, lovely old place open all night. cheap as you like! Also try one of the little jazz/blues clubs in that area.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We went to The Roxy nightclub which was quality, was a Drum N Bass night but they have all sorts on there so check the listings.

Also, if you are feeling like a proper wrong un, there is a club called studio 54 which opened about 5am and went on till the afternoon which was messy but lots of fun.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
fliddy mcflid said:
karlove lazne, 5 story club next to charles bridge

Quality. There is a little bar on the fifth floor, that saves queuing downstairs, but only serves bottled beer and shots.

Me and a Dutch work colleague bought a joint round for our group of ten, of ten Budvars and ten tequila golds for about £8.

Then we realised that our mates were three floors below and we couldn't carry it all, so we necked all the Tequila ourselves, then fell down the stairs.

Shortly afterwards I remembered that I was driving the van back to blighty the next morning [i.e about four hours time], and walked back to the hotel.

I woke up feeling worse than death, then proceeded to sleep for about 400 of the first days 450 mile drive. Needless to say the guy I was 'sharing' the drive with, was none too pleased.

:drink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
magoo said:
Prague is probably the only place i really really really want to go back to. :down:

Deffo, want to go in January, but don't know if we can be bothered what with flying not likely to be as easy as it was.
Double :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here