Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's failure to sign a target man is a farce

D

Deleted member 18477

We don't need a big lump!!

I really want to clear up this confusion. Read Husty's posts further down as he seems to understand the difference.

Murray was able to do the job of lone striker because he is a class player, it's nothing to do with his size, although he wasn't small he wasn't a lump either.
Being big and strong doesn't make you a good player, look at billy paynter - he was a big man up front and contributed the sum total of f*** all, crap in the air, crap on the ground, crap in front of goal, spends most of the time in the wrong position, ran like a sloth on valium.

If you can do all the things I've just mentioned then you've got the job regardless of how big you are. Don't get me wrong, I know being big helps but it's at the bottom of the list. The best example of this is Drogba, built like a brick shithouse and one of the best in the world at leading the line but he needed all the other attributes for it to work, otherwise he would've just been a big bloke and you can find loads of them at the gym!

We need a big f***ing lump that can head and hold the ball up a bit. Someone like Murray... Or heskey...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
All we need is some big f***ing lump for plan B! Is it so hard to see for gus? We just need some muscle for when teams sit back and drop deep so that when we whip a few crosses in, their defenders shit their pants for once!

We had it when we won league 1... AND he could win penalties for fun.... AND he had good feet for a big guy...

That isn't the only answer. As stated by another poster:

Oh, and against Birmingham an 8ft 9 Brazillian with a 40 goals a season record wouldn't have got a sniff because our winger's delivery was so poor - straight to the keeper every time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously we have missed CMS and Bruno. that is why they are first choice players for the team. I do not agree that we need a target man as such but what I would like us to sign is an old experienced, nearing the end of his career, goal scorer who we could bring off of the bench for the last 15 mins if a goal is needed, a Kevin Philips type player.

D

Deleted member 18477

Oh, and against Birmingham an 8ft 9 Brazillian with a 40 goals a season record wouldn't have got a sniff because our winger's delivery was so poor - straight to the keeper every time.

:lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Love this!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We got found out at this time last year, and then they forgot they'd found us out as we started 2012 with the longest unbeaten run in the top 4 leagues, but then they found us out again and we were rubbish, but then we were top of the division again this season as, fortunately for us, they'd forgotten what they found out twice last season and we won 5 in a row, but now they've found us out again.

Let's hope they forget again soon.

In fact, Blackburn were found out by Middlesbrough, Blackpool were found out by Huddersfield, and Cardiff were found out by Palace. Indeed the only team that hasn't been found out is Palace (since they just started badly because they hadn't got their squad together yet, and that was different). So with Palace winning the league, at least there's still second place to play for, and we've as good a chance as anyone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very good! :lolol:

I'd argue I've worked out shit players quicker than most people a lot more often than your scenario actually. But you probably don't want to talk about them.

You are aware Dobbie has had a number of seasons playing VERY well in the Championship, yes? He's not some fresh faced 18 year old. He's very clearly a quality player at this level.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

au contraire Rodney, if we had an 8' 9" Brazilian (or anyone with a bit of height/muscle) up front, the keeper wouldn't get such an easy ride. I personally thought the mom from both sides last night was their No. 27 (Murphy), big, strong and mobile.....covered a lot of ground both ends of the pitch.......only my opinion.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be ridiculous! What does Gus know about the game!

Don't forget, he was lucky to get this managerial position. There were around 2000 ahead of him, but they were unable to give it their full attention due to commitments on NSC.
Exactly.
The only decent out and out striker at the club is CMS,so without him we will struggle for goals.His presence opens the game for others and he will challenge the whole game for half chances! There is no other player near him for this at the club!We need back up desperately in this department!Its a great shame because everything else looks very impressive but goals win games.If Gus fails to realise this major weakness then he and us are not worthy of the Prem.
:facepalm: are you kidding? So when Gus spent the summer saying: we want another striker, CMS can't play every game, we need back-up for CMS, but decent strikers are very expensive and we can't afford one - that completely passed you by did it?

Based on 2 games. Hahahahahahaha.

One question:
Are you like this in all areas of life or just football?

Opening sequence to a film.....
This is shit. Absolutely shit. *walks out of the cinema*

First mouthful of a meal......
This is the worst meal I have ever had in my entire life. *throws plate at the wall*

First note of a song........
This is the worst song I have ever heard in my life. *smashes up cd player*
:lolol: a lot of NSC members seem to live their football life like this.

We had several games last season with only 1 shot on target. Yesterday we had 11 ish, and we were missing half of our best players.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd argue I've worked out shit players quicker than most people a lot more often than your scenario actually.
I'd argue that you've never worked out that anyone's shit, you just say they're all shit and every now and then you'll be proved right.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Very good! :lolol:

I'd argue I've worked out shit players quicker than most people a lot more often than your scenario actually. But you probably don't want to talk about them.

I seem to remember you describing Ashley Barnes as "useless" after about 3 games, and Gus Poyet as "shit" after 2 months. You also hated Andrew Crofts, who you judged on a warm-up if I remember rightly.

All 3 have proved you wrong. Well done, you're a f***ing football genius.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
That's just a lie. I don't expect anyone to study the NSC posts of others closely enough to be able to judge their exact state of mind, but you're just making this up as you go along as I like/have liked many players. In fact, write a list of our current squad and my list of "shit" players wouldn't run much beyond Hammond, Dobbie and the two clowns we have as back-up keepers, with Dicker sometimes threatening to break in to the group but not at the moment. So stop lying.

But Ashley Barnes and Andrew Crofts were both "shit" players, as labelled by you, so you are the liar.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
12th biggest budget lol,,,you believe too much that comes out of Poyets mouth.

We still have a number of League One players. A LOT of the top half teams have numerous players recently playing in the Prem. We don't pay high wages at all. Gus has consistently overachieved since day one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Too many stray passes, too many corners with no strategy. More work on the training ground required to knit in Orlandi, Bridge, Dobbie, KLL with one another and the team.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
In the interests of balance, I'm sure you now have a list of players I have been proved right on. Fire away...

Which would prove nothing other than that you instantly dismiss a huge percentage of new players as “shit/useless” within about 3 games of us signing them, because – despite being in your 20s – you live your life like a spoilt little toddler who didn’t get all the toys they wanted at Christmas....

At least you've admitted you were talking utter bollocks about Barnes, Crofts and Poyet. I'll give you that much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here