Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets excuses?? Just my opinion!!

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyet: Teams Really Rate Us

Correct me if i'm wrong but...

Teams think we're good so they try harder and we should be happy? They think we're one of the top teams in the league so they come and defend? Really? So if we were mid table they would come and play open, attacking football? Don't think so.

If we don't score first we're fckd?

Sounds like we need a plan B or it could be a tough season watching at home!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyet: Teams Really Rate Us

Correct me if i'm wrong but...

Teams think we're good so they try harder and we should be happy? They think we're one of the top teams in the league so they come and defend? Really? So if we were mid table they would come and play open, attacking football? Don't think so.

If we don't score first we're fckd?

Sounds like we need a plan B or it could be a tough season watching at home!

Really poor excuses for an inept, poor display. You can do better than that Gus.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hate to say it, but if that's the best Gus can come up with, then we should start looking around for another manager.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Hate to say it, but if that's the best Gus can come up with, then we should start looking around for another manager.

Are you trying to say we should replace our most successful manager in over 20 years because his excuses for losing are not satisfactory? Jesus wept, he took us over as a struggling third division team and propelled us to being a top Championship team, i think he deserves a bit more respect than that!

Some of the attitudes on here after drawing with a team with a decent crop of players desperate for points astound me. Everyone comments on how open this division is, anyone can beat anyone blah blah. A loss and a draw doesn’t make us a bad team or Poyet tactically inept, it’s just the nature of playing in one of the world’s most competitive divisions.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Well that's the "dopey comment of the day" award sewn up early.

I love Gus as much as anyone but he was saying the same thing 2 years ago in League 1 when we started doing well. The whole point of signing all these attacking players was to be able to break down the tough defences that we struggled with this time last year. Come on Gus, we don't want the same press conference rolled out for 2 years, we want your FLAIR coaching of your FLAIR signings to tear this division up. We know you can do it!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It does seem sometimes that Gus is the only manager in the Championship that doesn't rate us what with all this coming here and giving us too much respect malarkey.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just when I thought people couldn't top the level of stupidness shown on the Dobbie thread/spackfest, this one comes along.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I read that and I felt embarrassed for him. Ipswich outplayed us last night for 80 minutes. They didn't sit back and get men behind the ball, they were actually quite attacking and should have scored more than the one goal they did. We were seriously lucky to get a point, so how Poyet paints it as a desperate defensive display that we just couldn't pick our way through I don't know. If anything, I'd say Ipswich paid us very little respect as even when they were 1-0 up they still went for it.

I have to agree. Ipswich showed us how you should play a passing game at this level - crisp, often first time passes, great movement off the ball. For 80 minutes they pulled us apart and were good value for more than 1 goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a bit of a shit excuse in all honesty. Gus has been outsmarted by the opposition manager two games running, give them some credit.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Eh? They had about 10 minutes worth of attacking in the whole game!?

But even when they weren't attacking they played a high tempo passing game which put our plodding efforts to shame.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I read that and I felt embarrassed for him. Ipswich outplayed us last night for 80 minutes. They didn't sit back and get men behind the ball, they were actually quite attacking and should have scored more than the one goal they did. We were seriously lucky to get a point, so how Poyet paints it as a desperate defensive display that we just couldn't pick our way through I don't know. If anything, I'd say Ipswich paid us very little respect as even when they were 1-0 up they still went for it.

they sat back in 2nd half which i found quite surprising

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
But even when they weren't attacking they played a high tempo passing game which put our plodding efforts to shame.

They played some nice one touch stuff every now and then. But they didn't exactly light up the Amex. They nicked a goal and sat back for the rest of the game (Except the first 10 minutes of the second half)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here