Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet supposedly seen at Leeds Training Ground

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It just goes to prove how full of shit HB&B is, cos he tried to kid us he was interviewing Gus yesterday and he made a joke during the interview.
HB&B should be banned for trying to decieve us:rolleyes:

D

Deleted User X18H

If it puts your minds at rest he was still at the Amex when I left there at about 10AM yesterday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How would a person with 'no knowledge or interest in football' recognise Gus Poyet?

He wouldn't, but as we all know, the more insignificant detail you put in, the more credible you can make something sound.

If I said "my mate, who was at Leeds' Thorp Arch training ground for a seminar about artificial turf management in the sporting arena, was sipping from his skinny latte in the canteen during the mid-session break when saw Gus Poyet inspecting the cross trainers in the players' gym and commenting that they weren't as technologically advanced as the ones at the Amex", it sounds considerably more informed than "I know someone who saw Gus Poyet at Leeds today".

The human brain can't always work out what's irrelevant, and therefore tends to view something detailed as more likely to be true than something that's not. Ergo, if you want to make something up, throw in lots of irrelevant little details and people are more likely to go for it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Did he not do a Press Conference at The amex yesterday for The Millwall game?

teleport.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've got a mate who maintains TV aerials in the West Midlands area. Earlier on today, he was fixing a broken tile back on to a roof of a terraced house in central Wolverhampton after it came off while he was repairing the aerial, when he saw Bob Booker and Micky Adams in a metallic red Chrysler Voyager with blacked out windows and a small dent in the front offside wing, reversing into a parking space outside the players' entrance at Molineux. Booker was eating a cheese & ham toastie in a Wild Bean Cafe wrapper and playing with a London 2012 branded yoyo. The Wolves chairman Steve Morgan then came outside, shook their hands and gave them both a velvet covered presentation pack embossed on the front cover in gold leaf with "So You're The New Wolverhampton Wanderers Joint Managers?". My mate knows nothing about football, by the way. Not sure what it means.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've got a mate who maintains TV aerials in the West Midlands area. Earlier on today, he was fixing a broken tile back on to a roof of a terraced house in central Wolverhampton after it came off while he was repairing the aerial, when he saw Bob Booker and Micky Adams in a metallic red Chrysler Voyager with blacked out windows and a small dent in the front offside wing, reversing into a parking space outside the players' entrance at Molineux. Booker was eating a cheese & ham toastie in a Wild Bean Cafe wrapper and playing with a London 2012 branded yoyo. The Wolves chairman Steve Morgan then came outside, shook their hands and gave them both a velvet covered presentation pack embossed on the front cover in gold leaf with "So You're The New Wolverhampton Wanderers Joint Managers?". My mate knows nothing about football, by the way. Not sure what it means.

:lol:

That's got the ring of truth about it. You can tell because there is so much detail. I read that Steve Morgan was somewhere abroad. Did he come back specially for this? Must have taken some doing to get the joint manager presentation packs made up as well.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
On leeds WACCOE site some fool reckons that Gus was seen at Leeds Thorp Arch training ground yesterday.

The thread includes

"1) The person I have heard this information from is a work colleague who has a friend with no interest/no knowledge in football that works for a company who supplies the cleaning equipment /chemical products for the Training & First team Kit."

I thought our rumours were bad.:D

Funny how he managed to give his pre match press conference yesterday morning from the AMEX...maybe he's like Saddam Hussain and has several doubles dotted around the country!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here