Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet set for new contract

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus...

Tony Bloom..''I fully expect Gus to be here for many years at Falmer" "he's young, he's hungry, he ticks so many of the boxes' "We are very happy, not just me but the board, the staff and players" "even the ones out on loan are genuinely not unhappy, with one or two exceptions"

Gus.."Everybody thinks you are coming here for five or six month and then run away" "I think everybody has to be realistic" "if Real Madrdid came in, you couldn't say, but I know that's not going to happen" "I want to build a team playing the way I think is the best way to win football matches and I think slowly i'm doing that" "so why move and start from zero again?"

"The idea is to be able to create that way of playing, to stay in the same place for years". "It would be excellent if we can achieve the option of being at Falmer"

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can't believe how very lucky we are, bloody deserve it but I still can't believe it. An ambitious local chairman with money an ambitious quality manager. It's making me smile all over if I'm honest.

We are definitely going places, back to the glory times for Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Russell Slade, Bob Booker & Dean White IN :lolol:

(Btw, I'm not being disrespectful as I fully appreciate what they did for the club)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Albion are being talked about in many circles including the people I work with up north and premiership fans!

We are indeed very lucky and I will in the longterm future look very fondly at the career of Gus Poyet, fast becoming arguably one of the best managers Ive seen in my lifetime with the Albion!

:bowdown:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
"even the ones out on loan are genuinely not unhappy, with one or two exceptions"

A very un-subtle dig at Mr Forster there I assume.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I've said many times on here since his arrival that a lot of poster don't seem to realise just how lucky we are to have Gus - the tide has now definitely turned and I for one am delighted that everyone is starting to get it. If the cap fits.....
NSC is generally a happy place of late and I like that.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well done Tony Bloom, another gamble that looks like paying off.
Remember, not everyone was happy at his appointment in the first place.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
The sooner the better. If I was Bloom the priority would be a long term deal for Gus, then when the player negotiations start in a couple of weeks they know that he is here for the long haul.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It just feels so good being a fan at the moment. The football is great to watch, the stadium is awesom (don't think I've ever used that word before), and the prosepcts are decent too.

But promotion from League 1 won't be a walk in the park. Look at the teams at the top this year, there will be decent teams that don't get promoted, and a fair chance we go to Falmer still in league 1. Sounds depressing, but not actually that bad if it turns out to be a promotion season.

Go Gus!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Part of me still thinks he'll be off to Middlesbrough (or similar) in November. I can't see how a League 1 side can hang on to a manager of his undoubted quality, and status.

But I did enjoy that article, the quote is as good as it could be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here