Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: Navarro has been KEY

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/9559004.Navarro_s_form_key_to_run/

Couple of BRILLIANT Gus lines in bold...

Alan Navarro has been praised for the part he is playing in Albion’s promotion push.

The seventh-placed Seagulls have just taken 12 points and suffered no defeats from games against Crystal Palace, Leicester, Leeds, Hull, Millwall and Ipswich.

A run of matches against the same opponents earlier in the season produced no wins and only three points, which dropped Albion from top spot to mid-table.

The improvement has coincided with a return to a regular midfield starting place for Navarro, left, and boss Gus Poyet feels his contribution was overlooked in Saturday’s 3-0 home win over Ipswich.

He said: “There are players that people forget. Navarro was outstanding. They don’t give him the credit he deserves. We changed his position with Liam (Bridcutt), because he was losing (Lee) Martin a little bit, and Navs didn’t lose him once.

“That is why Navs is at the club because he understands the game. The problem is, with all respect to him, you need the other side of the game, power, strength and speed.”

Abdul Razak has added those qualities in the centre of the park since arriving on loan from Manchester City but Poyet regards the benefit as mutual. He expects the Ivory Coast prospect and fellow loan signings Gai Assulin, Gonzalo Jara Reyes, Joe Mattock and Sam Vokes to all gain from their spells with the Seagulls.

He said: “We have got a new doctor, we look after the players in a better way. The way this club has grown up in two years is incredible.

“We even pay attention to the players we have on loan. Chris Wood, when he came here, was one kind of shape. When he went back (to Birmingham) he was a proper footballer.”

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I told you all it was navarro...but would you believe me..NO!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
“We even pay attention to the players we have on loan. Chris Wood, when he came here, was one kind of shape. When he went back (to Birmingham) he was a proper footballer.”

Very interesting. Come to Brighton on Loan and we will send you back a more rounded player. .

LESS rounded, I think he means....

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Love Navarro. Nice for Poyet to come out and give him the praise he deserves. Won't stop people saying he's shit on here though

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Navarro reminds me of Barnes is some respects, his real talent is reading the game and taking orders, which is very important to Gus.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I hope this praise doesn't go straight to his ............

waistline

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Navarro has been the foundation to our unbeaten run in 2012. He has improved by a country mile since he has been here. I remember lot of people on here slagging him off when he first arrived saying he was overweight and didn't add anything to our Midfield. Now look at how times have changed?!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just lacks the pace to make it to the next level but a good footballer you can rely on to do what is needed and as his confidence has grown in recent weeks his performances have surely been the best of his career.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Navarro
Barnes
El Abd

STUNNING work from Gus, Tano and team with those 3.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Good footballer and does the simple things well but not good enough if we have ambitions of going up IMO.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes he has been key to not getting beat but him and bridders are now complemented by RAMPAGING Razak. Otherwise we would be, lets say pedestrian, in centre midfield.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very interesting. Come to Brighton on Loan and we will send you back a better, more rounded player. That should have them queueing.

Maybe we should CHARGE clubs to lend players to us!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Yes he has been key to not getting beat but him and bridders are now complemented by RAMPAGING Razak. Otherwise we would be, lets say pedestrian, in centre midfield.
Pedestrian is a bit unfair, both Navarro and Bridcutt's hard work in the middle of the park will make life easier for Razak and the wingers to push on.

Let the flair players take the credit but remember you need graft for them to shine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here