Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet for Manager of the Month award?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Can't be any other choice, top of the league and knocked a Premier team out of the League Cup, straight job

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
I can only assume that if we have no players on the list it's because we work so well as a team and no one person is the key to it all. I'm happy with that!

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
The Barnsley keeper kept us to one. Another, lesser keeper would have shipped 2 more.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
So predictable, goalscorers, selection boss spend 5 mins looking thru scoring charts, then nominate, last time 4 defenders were chosen anyone??

Well it does have to be Gustavo, but it is very exclusionary about players on the whole.
A goallie makes a nice change, and surely Philips saved them a point at ours, but how we can be top and not have any one player nominated is probably only testament to our not relying on any individual.
I'll happily take a league title* and have NO player ever nominated throughout the season though - that'll stand up by itself :thumbsup:

*not that I would assume we are on for such an accolade at this early juncture in the season, we could feasibly plummet :wink:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Am sure it will be Gus. Very odd to be any of the others given our start (against what a lot of people predicted)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Why do we bother with these, we all know Adkins is the greatest manager since...... well the greatest manager ever, this is like winning the award for least ugly Palace supporter.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Why do we bother with these, we all know Adkins is the greatest manager since...... well the greatest manager ever, this is like winning the award for least ugly Palace supporter.

Well tbf, he did have a better games:points ratio than Poyet last year...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here