Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - baffled

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seriously?

You are on micro dot acid if you believe that - but heh, game of opinions and each to their own.

I think he is one of our best players, but is played out in a very unrewarding position.

As Poyet said, anyone that slates Barnes does not understand football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to close down debate, but why the bizarre assumption that Gus hasn't thought these things through? It's SO easy to manage from a vantage point in WSU. Gus is doing a f***ing amazing job.
I agree. It's one thing to post saying 'I don't get it, why wouldn't it work with 2 up front' etc, and have a discussion on the pros and cons of each formation. It's quite another to say the manager is getting it wrong as you're so much wiser. Or even worse, patronise the manager - 'he's young and learning, I understand that and I'm willing to give him time, it's just frustrating for me when I can see what's going wrong'.

Oh do f*** off Fabio Briatore.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree. It's one thing to post saying 'I don't get it, why wouldn't it work with 2 up front' etc, and have a discussion on the pros and cons of each formation. It's quite another to say the manager is getting it wrong as you're so much wiser. Or even worse, patronise the manager - 'he's young and learning, I understand that and I'm willing to give him time, it's just frustrating for me when I can see what's going wrong'.

Oh do f*** off Fabio Briatore.

What an utter prick he was in that doc. Had no clue about how to install a manager and just LET THEM MANAGE.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seriously?

You are on micro dot acid if you believe that - but heh, game of opinions and each to their own.

Barnes has performed EXACTLY the role Gus wants him to perform all season, without a hint of a strop. He's been very good this season - 7.5/8 out of 10.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Withdean Wanderer's got a point. Just because someone questions something, doesn't mean they're moaning about it or insisting the manager doesn't know what he's doing, as some people like to suggest. I don't get why people are so defensive about someone posing a question. Billy Paynter was the prime example of this. The majority of us could not any sort of redeeming quality from him on the pitch, yet Gus persisted with playing him and defended his decision to do so. Fair enough but that doesn't mean everyone should just swallow it and start believing he was right to do so.

Exactly and when people earlier in the season were saying they want the ball moved quicker, does NOT neccesarily mean HOOF it, just pass and move quicker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly and when people earlier in the season were saying they want the ball moved quicker, does NOT neccesarily mean HOOF it, just pass and move quicker.

You might as well just say you want better players then.

I'm sure our League One players would pass the ball more quickly and incisively if they were capable of it. Our best ball players (Vicente, Bridcutt, Noone when on form) generally DO.

It's not as simple as "do the same, just quicker". Ask El Abd to do that and he would make FAR more mistakes.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Barnes has had a decent season, as mentioned he is not a wide midfielder and has loked good in games when he has been swiched to the middle behind the front man. He works hard and obviously does exactly what Gus tell him.

BUT he has limitations, sometimes his touch is awful, sometimes he cant pass it 5 yeards and sometimes he looks apalling. On at least 4-5 games this season I have found it unbelievable that he stays on he pitch. To the lad who gave him 8/10 this season :facepalm: What would you give Bridcutt or Greer? 14/10??

Having said that he does get alot of unfair abuse for someone who has continued to improve all season. I like him as a player and is someone ver very handy to have in our squad, I do however feel its becoming rediculous how he is becomming an 'untouchable' Never subbed player, how is he supposed to know when he's having a poor game (Other than the 18,000 fans moaning at him) :lol:

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
The problem IMO is again the midfield, it's not good enough to play 4-4-2. Gus seems to go for the 4-1-4-1 and the team only comes to life when he decides to throw on 2 wingers late in the game. We seemed to be building a solid midfield when JFC was teamed with Sparrow but it now looks like we're back to a different pick and mix each game and some of the games recently have been there for the taking but the wrong team turns up and the changes come too late. I now think that we won't see the 2 play up front together because to do it you can't fit Barnes into the set-up because it will leave the m/f short if he is one of the 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here