Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential signings

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Are there any players from the 3 relegated clubs that you would like Gus to sign during the summer?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
having looked at the squads I'd like Bennett (Don), Halford (Pom) & McSheffrey (Cov)

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Joel Ward and Jason Pearce would be useful and McSheffrey

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
McSheffrey (Cov) & Eagles (Bolton)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Joe Murphy or Jamie Ashdown would do me as back up keepers, but can't see either wanting to fill that role.
Richard Keogh is a decent center half, apart from that not a lot, perhaps David Norris.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From Portsmouth - Joel Ward is consistent and young and has the right physical attributes. Marko Futaks at 6'5" would offer something different up front. He struggled playing as the lone striker this season but with a strike partner he has real promise

From Coventry - Sammy Clingan as an experienced and combative midfielder and I think his contract is up. If they have to sell (which seems very likely indeed) then I would take a chance on Cody McDonald if the price is right. He has an extra year's experience since his loan at Gillingham and has shown since signing permanently from Norwich that he can score at this level (four goals in fifteen starts since January). McSheffrey is Craig Noone with a few more years experience - unless Nooney goes I can't see the point

Doncaster - George Friend (left back/left midfield/central defence) has the experience and the physical attributes that would suit us and bring a bit of steel to our game. Brian Stock is a quality playmaker and will surely be in demand - definitely one to look at as he plays our style of football. And Kyle Bennett - he's not his brother - quite different but no less exciting - but when given a chance this season he has shown ability and with Gus to bring him through...................

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Pascal Chimbonda, Doncaster RB
Gary McSheffrey Coventry ALM
David Norris Portsmouth CM (8 goals in 41)..in a relegated side.

The only three I think would bring experience and better the squad in them positions.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would like Terry Connor back.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Dorus de Vries the Dutch Keeper (we need another one !!).
Was the regular keeper when Swansea went up but opted to join Wolves and only played 1 game in the league this season.
If Wolves keep Hennessey and Ikeme they may well sell de Vries at 31 he has the experience without being too old !.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Dorus de Vries the Dutch Keeper (we need another one !!).
Was the regular keeper when Swansea went up but opted to join Wolves and only played 1 game in the league this season.
If Wolves keep Hennessey and Ikeme they may well sell de Vries at 31 he has the experience without being too old !.

Hennessey will miss the start of next season injured and de Vries is currently ahead of Ikeme. Much will depend on contracts I guess but with parachute payments Wolves may not be under undue pressure to sell. I think we will need to look elsewhere but I think you are right that we have missed Ankergren's ability to play the ball on the ground and someone like de Vries who was used to doing the same with Swans sould bring an added element to our play - of course someone who can catch crosses would be good too :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here