Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential Play Off Ticket Binfest.....

Well, if we make the urinal at Wembley, our share of nearly 40k tickets will sell for sure. At least STH's and regulars won't have a problem.

It also goes without saying the home leg of the semi will be a complete sell out. Do we have to give 15%? Do we get 15%?

How tricky will tickets be to get for our semi final play off away legs? My view is:-

Southampton: Unlikely as will be auto, but if 15%, 4500 should mean that most with over 1100 points will get a ticket. If it's 10% then the limit might be closer to 1250 points.

West Ham: Few more than Southampton (35,333) so 15% will be over 5000.

Reading: This could be getting tighter (24,000) 3600 ticket will sell to 1200's and if 10% it might be 1300.

Birmingham: Although similar to West Ham, this might get down to 1000 (STH's) due to distance for an evening game

Blackpool: (16700) Small numbers available but distance should mean that most STH's who want to go, should be able to.

Cardiff: (26,000) Again, most STH's who want to go, should be able to.

Hull: (25600) If we get 15%, then this might be the only one that gets to a point threshold below 1000.

Middlesbrough (35000) This may be the only one that we might not fill our allocation for. Their support is always crap, so even if we did, chances are there would be more tickets available. Those who have only watched us play Liverpool this year should be OK!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't forget, both legs of the playoff will probably be mid week so we'd do well to sell out the more distant trips.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've got 1110 points and assume I won't get a sniff of the away legs no matter who we play ... hope I'm wrong

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Let's not get ahead of ourselves! If our allocation sells out its no problem because the club will probably doing some kind of 'watch it on TV at the Amex' deal - £55 gets you your own chair, an oblique view of a small TV screen and a two course meal which comprises a Kitkat and a can of Tizer plus a napkin.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
All games are live on sky, which will affect demand.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I just still can't believe we're so close. It was really not long ago I was watching Championship playoff finals with it being billed as "the most expensive match in history" with so many millions going to the victor thinking how far away we were from this. To think that we are in this position so quickly I am still struggling to get my head around!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Let's not get ahead of ourselves! If our allocation sells out its no problem because the club will probably doing some kind of 'watch it on TV at the Amex' deal - £55 gets you your own chair, an oblique view of a small TV screen and a two course meal which comprises a Kitkat and a can of Tizer plus a napkin.

I am all over this shit. innit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This thread is coming back to bite us for sure..... first sniff of being in the play offs for a while and we are discussing what games we would sell out? Unreal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just seen on Readings site that for last year their AWAY leg they said they will be allocated a full and final allocation of 2,000 tickets, whoever they play.

In fact later details showed that if they got Swansea they would get 2,030 and Cardiff 2,054.

Last edited:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
You sure? 1st leg used to be on Sunday,swindon was,as was millwall

According to Sky's schedule the dates are Thur 3rd, Fri 4th, Mon 7th and Tue 8th May. These have to be the Championship playoff semifinals as the other leagues don't finish until 6th May. The game on Monday 7th May is a 4.30pm kickoff, I assume it's a bank holiday.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

I probably don't have enough points, so Tizer and a Kitkat for me then. Post of the day. Now to clean the spluttered tea from the screen.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't somebody post on here recently that the final was being held in Manchester this year due to a clash of dates with something or other at Wembley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here