Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential Cup Upsets, This Weekend.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
What cup upsets (if any) do you think there'll be this weekend? (FA Cup).

Portsmouth v Coventry - Pompey losing 3/4 players due to the African Cup of Nations, plus I think O'Hara isn't eligible to play. Plus they have a few players cup tied...Coventry generally a good cup team, beat Blackburn two seasons running, and United AWAY about 5 years ago...and, the 1987 cup final :bla:.

Banker Away win.

MK Dons v Burnley - Burnley are SHIT away from home.

Bank Home win.

LUMP ON.

You?:wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would a Torquay win be an upset?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Forest vs Birmingham - 9/5 for a home win. I'll eat my hat if Birmingham have anything like a 1st team out for that one, given their dizzying heights in the prem at the moment...

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I doubt that there is a single Albion fan who would be in the least bit shocked if we get turned over :lolol:

I'm praying we don't, my mate's a Torquay fan, I'd never live it down :(

Gus Poyet said:
"I also intend to bring in several new players in January but can't say when the first will arrive, or whether it would even be possible to get them registered in time for Saturday's FA Cup game at Torquay."

Hope he gets them registered in time for the game!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am not particularly worried if Torquay cause a mini upset by beating us what I dont want is a draw and another game.

Bit of a daft thing to say!

Obviously a straight win would be preferable, but I would take a draw and another game, purely for the fact that it might land us with a big name in the 4th round. If nothing else, it's extra revenue!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Obviously a straight win would be preferable, but I would take a draw and another game, purely for the fact that it might land us with a big name in the 4th round. If nothing else, it's extra revenue!

Better make sure you're doing nothing on the 12th then !!!!

I'd rather we avoided being an upset as I head back to my Uni Halls at the weekend and two of my mates there are from Torquay (well one supports Chelski and the other Birmingham). When Oldham beat us as I didn't hear the end of it from my Oldham supporting flatmate so would like to avoid similair after this weekend's games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I am not concerned with the clubs revenue but am concerned that a 'dream draw' would distract the players from the job in hand of climbing up the division. We are not going to win the FA Cup but concentrating on that could cause us to drop into the bottom 4 again.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am not concerned with the clubs revenue but am concerned that a 'dream draw' would distract the players from the job in hand of climbing up the division. We are not going to win the FA Cup but concentrating on that could cause us to drop into the bottom 4 again.

Well, maybe you have a point. But hopefully the 'dross' that has been 'performing' (loose use of the word) would either be gone or relegated to the stiffs and better quality players would ease us away from the bottom and any end of season panic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here