Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential changes on the wings

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would like to see our midfield given a little more in the way of passing, work rate and movement. We don't seem to give our fullbacks many options down the wings. With Murray it now seems we could do with someone who can put some crosses in and as I feel Wilkins is trying to get us to play it on the deck more so it would be nice to have some players who can pass and move on the flanks.

I would personally, when fit, give Reid and Rents a go. Both can cross, tackle and pass. There may not be a massive amount of pace there but that's what Robinson could be bought on for if needed. I just feel they would knit the team together better and add some much needed intelligence to our play.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
shame cox is undroppable

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the answer is we have no decent wingers, and cant cross, so why use wingers?

Ive been saying that for a couple of weeks, and yesterday we played 3 central midfielders, and it changed the game and we won

Forster is the only one who can beat players and put a decent cross in, just a shame we need him to be on the end of the crosses as well

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
the answer is we have no decent wingers, and cant cross, so why use wingers?

Ive been saying that for a couple of weeks, and yesterday we played 3 central midfielders, and it changed the game and we won

Forster is the only one who can beat players and put a decent cross in, just a shame we need him to be on the end of the crosses as well

Reid and Rents can put crosses in.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
It Is Clear That We Need A Natural Left Footer With An Eye For An Accurate Long Ball For Our Left Flank. I Think It's Time We Gave Guy Butters A Run Of Games In That Position. His Experience And Power Would Cause Devastation Down The Wing. Just A Shame We No Longer Have The Leaping Grace Of Nathan Elder To Get On The End Of The Pin Point Crosses, We Would Have Destroyed This Division.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It Is Clear That We Need A Natural Left Footer With An Eye For An Accurate Long Ball For Our Left Flank. I Think It's Time We Gave Guy Butters A Run Of Games In That Position. His Experience And Power Would Cause Devastation Down The Wing. Just A Shame We No Longer Have The Leaping Grace Of Nathan Elder To Get On The End Of The Pin Point Crosses, We Would Have Destroyed This Division.

:lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You reckon Wilkins is trying to get us to play it on the deck ? seems opposite to me , appears Whing , Richards and Butters all have clear instructions to Hoof

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
You reckon Wilkins is trying to get us to play it on the deck ? seems opposite to me , appears Whing , Richards and Butters all have clear instructions to Hoof

I think that is more to do with the state of our midfield.

If you look at some of the football in the final third yesterday it was clear we are trying to knock it around more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here