[News] Poster boy Tory attacked in Sompting

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Politics turning nasty i'm afraid..
Yep, a 63 year old man it's unbelievable. There has also been many Tory boards defaced and smashed across the south.
I wasn't going to vote but clearly this has been the left side of the political spectrum at work.
I will now cast my vote as I don't see the need, labour are clear winners, but my vote will be against this attitude. It's as bad as Max running lando off the track when there was no need.
I understand bad losers but not bad winners.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sadly I suspect this thread will sink down the board because it doesn’t involve Farage or a high profile figure. But this is the nasty elements of the left. It’s one thing saying “plow them into a ditch” on an internet forum, but straight up assaulting people of a different political persuasion is absolutely wrong.

And before the usual people chirp in with “throwing rocks as Oswald Mosley” this isn’t that.

I HATE the current Tory cabal, HATE them. But this is a democracy. VOTE don’t FIGHT.

I repeat, strong deterrent needed.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Finally, if you’re of the bent that “well they deserve it for being Tory” I ask you this - if you were assaulted on the street for displaying your reasonable if unpopular political views which you are entitled to in a democracy - whatever they may be - how would you feel?

Sorry but this has really pissed me off as a free speech advocate. THAT isn’t democracy.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Sadly I suspect this thread will sink down the board because it doesn’t involve Farage or a high profile figure. But this is the nasty elements of the left. It’s one thing saying “plow them into a ditch” on an internet forum, but straight up assaulting people of a different political persuasion is absolutely wrong.

And before the usual people chirp in with “throwing rocks as Oswald Mosley” this isn’t that.

I HATE the current Tory cabal, HATE them. But this is a democracy. VOTE don’t FIGHT.

I repeat, strong deterrent needed.
I have many friends that vote for all parties except Green and SNP, we have some fun debates but never does in divide us, and it never will.

I know the heart of the left can be very empathetic, that said there area larger amount of the left that are angry and destructive.
I feel there are personalities that can drive the anger, the fake vorderman that sells equity release policies to the naive, has driven nothing short of a hate campaign, maybe this attacker was influenced be her sub consciously or just consciously, who knows?
I just know it's wrong.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This can never be right, throw the book at them

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Disgusting, hopefully the book is thrown at him

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Yep, a 63 year old man it's unbelievable. There has also been many Tory boards defaced and smashed across the south.
I wasn't going to vote but clearly this has been the left side of the political spectrum at work.
I will now cast my vote as I don't see the need, labour are clear winners, but my vote will be against this attitude. It's as bad as Max running lando off the track when there was no need.
I understand bad losers but not bad winners.
Lot of assumptions in there. So of the most vicious vitriol in the election has been between the Tories and Reform. Anyway hope the person concerned is OK and the perpetrator is dealt with by the law.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We need more police on the streets, fast track justice and jail sentences...
There would have course need to be courts and jail spaces for this, not to mention increased taxation to pay for the increased police presence.

Can't help thinking, that it would be fantastically unlikely for most assaults to be witnessed by a police officer anyway.

In any case, I add my weight to those saying, this is completely unacceptable.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Clearly scummy behaviour, but it doesn't make the rest of our country scummy.
No It doesn't, but it shows immaturity and it makes me feel sad that people are like this. I don't ever remember this stuff going on before the socials came.
X has to be the worst platform for angry but sad people and maybe they could also be a little bit scummy.
Let's hope this stuff settles down come Friday.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Lot of assumptions in there. So of the most vicious vitriol in the election has been between the Tories and Reform. Anyway hope the person concerned is OK and the perpetrator is dealt with by the law.
Interesting, I have not experienced any vitriol between those two parties, perhaps I missed it?
Yes let's hope so. 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here